- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- Marshall Men’s Basketball Hires Dan D’Antoni as Head Coach
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Increase on Soft Housing Data
- Professional Salaries Discussed During Huntington Council Work Session
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- Green Day’s American Idiot to Invade the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center
HMDA Holding Special Meeting that Concerns Yacht Club, Mountaineer Gas
Previously, the Yacht Club has been the subject of negotiations pertaining to the leaking Harris Riverfront barge, which was previously known as Holderbys Landing (restaurant). City Council in November authorized turning the barge over to Superior Marine which will remove it from the dock in exchange for salvage value.
Water level and the U.S. Coast Guard have been cited as reasons for the delay in removal of the barge.
The removal of the former marina will lead to a call for redevelopment ideas for the eastern portion of Harris Riverfront Park.
In the Mountaineer Gas Company matter, HMDA has asked that gas lines be relocated so that property at Kinetic Park will not be obstructed. A suit is pending in Cabell County Circuit Court.