- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
- Twenty-Two Face Heroin Charges in Circleville, Pickaway County Drug Investigations
- BOOK REVIEW: 'White Girl Bleed a Lot': Color Blindness in Crime Reporting Misleads Everybody
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Ethel Merman, Mother Teresa…and Me': Enthralling Memoir of a Privileged Man Who Was Fortunate to be Enveloped by Unconditional Love
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 5, 2014
- Fundraiser Saturday for Guyandotte Family
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- FLASHBACK: Huntington’s Houdaille Plant Contained Radioactive Materials; Hundreds Allegedly Died of Lung Cancer
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 4, 2014
HMDA Holding Special Meeting that Concerns Yacht Club, Mountaineer Gas
Previously, the Yacht Club has been the subject of negotiations pertaining to the leaking Harris Riverfront barge, which was previously known as Holderbys Landing (restaurant). City Council in November authorized turning the barge over to Superior Marine which will remove it from the dock in exchange for salvage value.
Water level and the U.S. Coast Guard have been cited as reasons for the delay in removal of the barge.
The removal of the former marina will lead to a call for redevelopment ideas for the eastern portion of Harris Riverfront Park.
In the Mountaineer Gas Company matter, HMDA has asked that gas lines be relocated so that property at Kinetic Park will not be obstructed. A suit is pending in Cabell County Circuit Court.