- LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
- Mayor Tells Comcast, "Folks Aren't Happy...."
- Jacobs-Jones becoming MU vice president
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- BOOK REVIEW: 'A Quick Guide to Freemasonry': You've Got Questions, David Harrison Has the Answers
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Gone Girl': Nick and Amy Dunne, Folie å Deux in a Mississippi River Town
- CoreLogic April Edition of MarketPulse Report Examines Single-Family Housing Starts and Fallout from the Expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act
- West Virginia American Water Update on Carbon Filter Change-Out and Water Testing
- HPD Code Enforcement Citations
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
HMDA Holding Special Meeting that Concerns Yacht Club, Mountaineer Gas
Previously, the Yacht Club has been the subject of negotiations pertaining to the leaking Harris Riverfront barge, which was previously known as Holderbys Landing (restaurant). City Council in November authorized turning the barge over to Superior Marine which will remove it from the dock in exchange for salvage value.
Water level and the U.S. Coast Guard have been cited as reasons for the delay in removal of the barge.
The removal of the former marina will lead to a call for redevelopment ideas for the eastern portion of Harris Riverfront Park.
In the Mountaineer Gas Company matter, HMDA has asked that gas lines be relocated so that property at Kinetic Park will not be obstructed. A suit is pending in Cabell County Circuit Court.