- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Q and A with Mayor Steve Williams: Audits ALWAYS have Findings....
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- Groups Coalesce Against Fracking Activity in Ohio River Valley
- Huntington Buns on Bikes Race IMAGES
- Southern Faces Federal Criminal Charges for Bankruptcy and Wire Fraud in January MCHM Spill
- Motown Experience to Raise Funds for Keith Albee
- Christmas Kente Ceremony for winter graduates is Saturday at Marshall
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
Man Dies from East Huntington Shooting; Michigan Suspect Charged with Murder
James Lee Johnson, 25, from Michigan has been charged with murder. Johnson suffered head injuries and was taken into custody following treatment at Cabell Huntington Hospital.
According to Huntington Police Department Lt. John Williams, the victim appears to have stepped in to ask the suspect to leave the property when the suspect pulled a pistol and shot him.
Although the investigation is on-going, Williams said that the men wrestled the gun away from the suspect, who then fled the home.
Details have not been released regarding the reason for the altercation nor have the identities of the other men.
Johnson is wanted in Michigan on a weapons charge and had previously been arrested by the Huntington Police Department.