- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
- Boil Water Advisory for Some Salt Rock Customers
- Multi-million dollar federal grant renewed for Marshall researchers and statewide collaborators
- Rally for Marijuana
Man Dies from East Huntington Shooting; Michigan Suspect Charged with Murder
James Lee Johnson, 25, from Michigan has been charged with murder. Johnson suffered head injuries and was taken into custody following treatment at Cabell Huntington Hospital.
According to Huntington Police Department Lt. John Williams, the victim appears to have stepped in to ask the suspect to leave the property when the suspect pulled a pistol and shot him.
Although the investigation is on-going, Williams said that the men wrestled the gun away from the suspect, who then fled the home.
Details have not been released regarding the reason for the altercation nor have the identities of the other men.
Johnson is wanted in Michigan on a weapons charge and had previously been arrested by the Huntington Police Department.