- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Critical First Years of Your Professional Life': Comprehensive, Readable Book for College Graduates Seeking Their First Job
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
- Foster Care Awareness subject of event March 12
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: In Guyana: Political Negotiations an Opportunity for Real Democracy
- OP-ED: Bureaucratic Wisdom = Oxymoron
Man Dies from East Huntington Shooting; Michigan Suspect Charged with Murder
James Lee Johnson, 25, from Michigan has been charged with murder. Johnson suffered head injuries and was taken into custody following treatment at Cabell Huntington Hospital.
According to Huntington Police Department Lt. John Williams, the victim appears to have stepped in to ask the suspect to leave the property when the suspect pulled a pistol and shot him.
Although the investigation is on-going, Williams said that the men wrestled the gun away from the suspect, who then fled the home.
Details have not been released regarding the reason for the altercation nor have the identities of the other men.
Johnson is wanted in Michigan on a weapons charge and had previously been arrested by the Huntington Police Department.