- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
Man Dies from East Huntington Shooting; Michigan Suspect Charged with Murder
James Lee Johnson, 25, from Michigan has been charged with murder. Johnson suffered head injuries and was taken into custody following treatment at Cabell Huntington Hospital.
According to Huntington Police Department Lt. John Williams, the victim appears to have stepped in to ask the suspect to leave the property when the suspect pulled a pistol and shot him.
Although the investigation is on-going, Williams said that the men wrestled the gun away from the suspect, who then fled the home.
Details have not been released regarding the reason for the altercation nor have the identities of the other men.
Johnson is wanted in Michigan on a weapons charge and had previously been arrested by the Huntington Police Department.