- REALTORS: Pending Home Sales Slow in October but Remain Higher Than a Year Ago
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Penguins Come Out for Turkey Holiday; Hunger Likely Boxoffice Winner
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- Services Held for Late WSAZ News Icon
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Thanksgiving Weekend Live Theatre Offerings
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Brings His 2014 Murphy and Motown Christmas Tour to Huntington WV
Man Dies from East Huntington Shooting; Michigan Suspect Charged with Murder
James Lee Johnson, 25, from Michigan has been charged with murder. Johnson suffered head injuries and was taken into custody following treatment at Cabell Huntington Hospital.
According to Huntington Police Department Lt. John Williams, the victim appears to have stepped in to ask the suspect to leave the property when the suspect pulled a pistol and shot him.
Although the investigation is on-going, Williams said that the men wrestled the gun away from the suspect, who then fled the home.
Details have not been released regarding the reason for the altercation nor have the identities of the other men.
Johnson is wanted in Michigan on a weapons charge and had previously been arrested by the Huntington Police Department.