- For Now City Hall Off Limits to Republican Mayoral Candidate in Huntington
- Council Passes Union Extensions; Fire Department Members Line Up in Hallway
- ANALYSIS: Mayoral Candidate Claims Constitutional, Political Interference... or May God Strike Him with a Lightning Bolt
- One of EEOC’s First Lawsuits Alleging Sex Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation Settles
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Possession, Reports Taken for Destruction of Property, Burglary, Overdose
- Suspected Serial Rapist Charged with Raping Seven Women Between 1993-2003
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- WV Delegation Urges Obama to Expand Disaster Declaration
- West Virginia American Water Update on Water System Restoration in Flood-Impacted Areas
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Man Dies from East Huntington Shooting; Michigan Suspect Charged with Murder
James Lee Johnson, 25, from Michigan has been charged with murder. Johnson suffered head injuries and was taken into custody following treatment at Cabell Huntington Hospital.
According to Huntington Police Department Lt. John Williams, the victim appears to have stepped in to ask the suspect to leave the property when the suspect pulled a pistol and shot him.
Although the investigation is on-going, Williams said that the men wrestled the gun away from the suspect, who then fled the home.
Details have not been released regarding the reason for the altercation nor have the identities of the other men.
Johnson is wanted in Michigan on a weapons charge and had previously been arrested by the Huntington Police Department.