- Detroit Man Arrested in SWAT Raid
- WV AFL-CIO President Perdue: July 1 is now Pay Cut Day
- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Jabberwowcky Kicks off DAWG's Pullman Thursday Series
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Mayor Steve Strolls Areas Surrounding Central City IMAGES
- Sticking Together, Surprising Stats; IMAGES Town Meeting Drug Abuse
- Fireworks Prohibited in Huntington
- Katie DeHart Entertains at Pullman
- Fracking Poses Threats to Public Health, Say Experts
Man Dies from East Huntington Shooting; Michigan Suspect Charged with Murder
James Lee Johnson, 25, from Michigan has been charged with murder. Johnson suffered head injuries and was taken into custody following treatment at Cabell Huntington Hospital.
According to Huntington Police Department Lt. John Williams, the victim appears to have stepped in to ask the suspect to leave the property when the suspect pulled a pistol and shot him.
Although the investigation is on-going, Williams said that the men wrestled the gun away from the suspect, who then fled the home.
Details have not been released regarding the reason for the altercation nor have the identities of the other men.
Johnson is wanted in Michigan on a weapons charge and had previously been arrested by the Huntington Police Department.