- Portsmouth Nuclear Whistle Blowers Tape Ralph Nader Radio Show
- Property Rescue Initiatives to be Discussed
- Cabell Huntington Hospital/SEIU Local 1199 employees contribute to United Way
- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- Newly Engaged? WV Weddings Magazine offering last minute Valentine’s Day gift perfect for any Bride-to-be
- Cabell County Schools Announces 2016 Middle and High School Math Field Day Winners
- Charlie's Harley Davidson Recognized for Superior Performance
- Marshall to host College Goal Sunday event Feb. 21
- Mose July, M.D., recognized as February Fellow of the Month
- School of Pharmacy receives grant from Walgreens for diversity initiatives
Lengyel, Williams Named Honorary Marshall Captains at 2013 Military Bowl
Lengyel, Marshall’s head coach of the “Young Thundering Herd” from 1971-74, was also the Director of Athletics at Navy from 1988-2001 and served on the Academy’s Board of Trustees for many years. He took over the Marshall program following the tragic Southern Airways Flight 932 plane crash on Nov. 14, 1970, which took the lives of all 75 on board.
Williams, a Fairmont native, is a retired U.S. Marine who received a Purple Heart and the Congressional Medal of Honor for his actions and bravery in the Battle of Iwo Jima during World War II. He is one of only nine living World War II Medal of Honor recipients. A new $25 million Armed Forces Reserve Center in Fairmont was dedicated to the 90-year Williams last year.
“It is truly an honor to have Jack Lengyel and Woody Williams, two of our state’s finest, represent our football team at the Military Bowl,” said Director of Athletics Mike Hamrick. “These two gentlemen are first-class and we are extremely grateful to have them on our side as we battle the University of Maryland next Friday.”
Tickets are still available through tomorrow (Friday, Dec. 20) at 800-THEHERD and HerdZone.com. Fans may also book a room at the Renaissance Washington D.C., which is the official Marshall Team and Fan Hotel by visiting this link: https://aws.passkey.com/g/20294184.