- Addict James Cook and the End of the Road
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Akron man in custody in connection with Huntington heroin overdoses
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Green Fridays, College Colors Day give Herd fans opportunity to show pride in team
- Secretary of State Candidate Mac Warner Announces Friends of Coal Endorsement
- Water Main and Valve Replacement Project to Cause Temporary Water Outage Monday for Rt. 10/Heath Creek Road Area of Barboursville
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals to conduct public session at Marshall
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Lengyel, Williams Named Honorary Marshall Captains at 2013 Military Bowl
Lengyel, Marshall’s head coach of the “Young Thundering Herd” from 1971-74, was also the Director of Athletics at Navy from 1988-2001 and served on the Academy’s Board of Trustees for many years. He took over the Marshall program following the tragic Southern Airways Flight 932 plane crash on Nov. 14, 1970, which took the lives of all 75 on board.
Williams, a Fairmont native, is a retired U.S. Marine who received a Purple Heart and the Congressional Medal of Honor for his actions and bravery in the Battle of Iwo Jima during World War II. He is one of only nine living World War II Medal of Honor recipients. A new $25 million Armed Forces Reserve Center in Fairmont was dedicated to the 90-year Williams last year.
“It is truly an honor to have Jack Lengyel and Woody Williams, two of our state’s finest, represent our football team at the Military Bowl,” said Director of Athletics Mike Hamrick. “These two gentlemen are first-class and we are extremely grateful to have them on our side as we battle the University of Maryland next Friday.”
Tickets are still available through tomorrow (Friday, Dec. 20) at 800-THEHERD and HerdZone.com. Fans may also book a room at the Renaissance Washington D.C., which is the official Marshall Team and Fan Hotel by visiting this link: https://aws.passkey.com/g/20294184.