- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- Green and White High School Football Record Setter on Screen
- "Much Ado" Enjoys Successful Opening Weekend
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- HURA to auction off 56 Land Bank properties
- Early EPA Documents Confirm Use of Dietz Hollow for Huntington Alloys Waste Disposal
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
Lengyel, Williams Named Honorary Marshall Captains at 2013 Military Bowl
Lengyel, Marshall’s head coach of the “Young Thundering Herd” from 1971-74, was also the Director of Athletics at Navy from 1988-2001 and served on the Academy’s Board of Trustees for many years. He took over the Marshall program following the tragic Southern Airways Flight 932 plane crash on Nov. 14, 1970, which took the lives of all 75 on board.
Williams, a Fairmont native, is a retired U.S. Marine who received a Purple Heart and the Congressional Medal of Honor for his actions and bravery in the Battle of Iwo Jima during World War II. He is one of only nine living World War II Medal of Honor recipients. A new $25 million Armed Forces Reserve Center in Fairmont was dedicated to the 90-year Williams last year.
“It is truly an honor to have Jack Lengyel and Woody Williams, two of our state’s finest, represent our football team at the Military Bowl,” said Director of Athletics Mike Hamrick. “These two gentlemen are first-class and we are extremely grateful to have them on our side as we battle the University of Maryland next Friday.”
Tickets are still available through tomorrow (Friday, Dec. 20) at 800-THEHERD and HerdZone.com. Fans may also book a room at the Renaissance Washington D.C., which is the official Marshall Team and Fan Hotel by visiting this link: https://aws.passkey.com/g/20294184.