- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Increase on Soft Housing Data
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- Marshall Men’s Basketball Hires Dan D’Antoni as Head Coach
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- Green Day’s American Idiot to Invade the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center
Veterans and Warriors Agriculture Project Funded
The small apiary operation will be tended to and nurtured by veterans and warriors who will be trained and educated with the intention that they will then have the skills and knowledge to establish their own agribusiness operation.
Joining Commissioner Helmick at the event was James McCormick, Director of the Veterans and Warriors To Agriculture Project for the WVDA.
The Chaflin Foundation has funded over $100,000 in community projects, ranging from bullet proof vests to supplies for the Mason County Animal Shelter. 34 projects received funding within the scope of the Foundation's mission which accents personal health, wellness, literacy, educations, the arts, music and animal care.