- LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
- BOOK REVIEW: 'A Quick Guide to Freemasonry': You've Got Questions, David Harrison Has the Answers
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- CoreLogic April Edition of MarketPulse Report Examines Single-Family Housing Starts and Fallout from the Expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Researchers to present at the World Congress on Endometriosis in Brazil
- Jacobs-Jones becoming MU vice president
- Mayor Tells Comcast, "Folks Aren't Happy...."
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Gone Girl': Nick and Amy Dunne, Folie å Deux in a Mississippi River Town
- Fallen Huntington Police Officer to be Remembered
Manchin, Leftwich to Join Lengyel and Williams as Honorary Marshall Captains at Military Bowl
Friday, December 27, 2013 - 00:00 Updated 15 weeks ago Special to HNN Provided by Herd Zone
Manchin is finishing his third year as West Virginia’s junior senator. He had previously served as the state’s Governor from 2005-10 and, before that, its Secretary of State from 2001-05. He was elected to the state House of Delegates in 1982 at the age of 35 and was later elected to the state senate in 1986, where he served until 1996.
Leftwich has enjoyed a 10-year NFL career with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Atlanta Falcons, Pittsburgh Steelers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, throwing for over 10,000 yards and a victory in Super Bowl XLIII with the Steelers in 2008. Before that, he had a spectacular Marshall career and is still first in completion percentage (65.1%) and second in pass attempts (1,442), completions (939), passing yards (11,903), touchdown passes (89) and total offense (12,084) in the school’s all-time record book.