- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
- Twenty-Two Face Heroin Charges in Circleville, Pickaway County Drug Investigations
- BOOK REVIEW: 'White Girl Bleed a Lot': Color Blindness in Crime Reporting Misleads Everybody
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Ethel Merman, Mother Teresa…and Me': Enthralling Memoir of a Privileged Man Who Was Fortunate to be Enveloped by Unconditional Love
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 5, 2014
- Fundraiser Saturday for Guyandotte Family
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- FLASHBACK: Huntington’s Houdaille Plant Contained Radioactive Materials; Hundreds Allegedly Died of Lung Cancer
- Foster Care Awareness subject of event March 12
Manchin, Leftwich to Join Lengyel and Williams as Honorary Marshall Captains at Military Bowl
Friday, December 27, 2013 - 00:00 Updated 9 weeks ago Special to HNN Provided by Herd Zone
Manchin is finishing his third year as West Virginia’s junior senator. He had previously served as the state’s Governor from 2005-10 and, before that, its Secretary of State from 2001-05. He was elected to the state House of Delegates in 1982 at the age of 35 and was later elected to the state senate in 1986, where he served until 1996.
Leftwich has enjoyed a 10-year NFL career with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Atlanta Falcons, Pittsburgh Steelers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, throwing for over 10,000 yards and a victory in Super Bowl XLIII with the Steelers in 2008. Before that, he had a spectacular Marshall career and is still first in completion percentage (65.1%) and second in pass attempts (1,442), completions (939), passing yards (11,903), touchdown passes (89) and total offense (12,084) in the school’s all-time record book.