- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- Marshall Men’s Basketball Hires Dan D’Antoni as Head Coach
- Professional Salaries Discussed During Huntington Council Work Session
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Increase on Soft Housing Data
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- Green Day’s American Idiot to Invade the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
Boil Water Advisory Ona Area
Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 05:35 Updated 17 weeks ago From Press ReleaseWest Virginia American Water has issued a precautionary boil water advisory for approximately 150 customers on, Cyrus Creek Rd from Left Fork of Cyrus Creek to Rt 60, Burke Hollow Rd, Berry Lane & Sierra Drive. The advisory follows a water main break , which West Virginia American Water crews are working to repair as quickly as possible. Customers will be notified through the Media.
Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.