- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- Huntington Art Walk Resumes Thursday in Downtown; Author at Adell's Antiques
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Jacobs-Jones named senior vice president for operations
- Sen. Manchin Introduces Bill to Keep 150 WV Post Offices Open for Two Years
- CONSUMER ALERT: Jury Duty Phishing Scam; Verified by Snopes
- WV AG Seeks Dismissal of Charleston Gun Suit
Boil Water Advisory Ona Area
Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 05:35 Updated 16 weeks ago From Press ReleaseWest Virginia American Water has issued a precautionary boil water advisory for approximately 150 customers on, Cyrus Creek Rd from Left Fork of Cyrus Creek to Rt 60, Burke Hollow Rd, Berry Lane & Sierra Drive. The advisory follows a water main break , which West Virginia American Water crews are working to repair as quickly as possible. Customers will be notified through the Media.
Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.