- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Critical First Years of Your Professional Life': Comprehensive, Readable Book for College Graduates Seeking Their First Job
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: In Guyana: Political Negotiations an Opportunity for Real Democracy
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Foster Care Awareness subject of event March 12
- EDITORIAL: A Good Year Coming for WV Republicans--But Then What?
Boil Water Advisory Ona Area
Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 05:35 Updated 10 weeks ago From Press ReleaseWest Virginia American Water has issued a precautionary boil water advisory for approximately 150 customers on, Cyrus Creek Rd from Left Fork of Cyrus Creek to Rt 60, Burke Hollow Rd, Berry Lane & Sierra Drive. The advisory follows a water main break , which West Virginia American Water crews are working to repair as quickly as possible. Customers will be notified through the Media.
Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.