- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- Five women arrested in prostitution sting on 6th Avenue
- Fundraiser Saturday for Guyandotte Family
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Team Penske sweeps Sprint Cup front row for second straight week
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 7, 2014
NEW IMAGES: Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
Fortunately, Huntington's Keith stayed in operation and a $700,000 roof kept the elements from destroying this "temple of amusement" from the past.
As you move through the gallery, pictures illustrate proposed "before/after" renderings of the Keith Albee (Huntington) interior, and the gallery shifts to examples of still needed restoration areas, such as the dressing rooms and electrical board.
Finally, the gallery displays spacious photos of the theater and flashes back to the festivities of the "gala" as we follow "flapper" Elsa and other guests through the Great Gatsby era celebrating the Keith Albee's opening ... and pointing potential donors to wonders that come from restorations yet to come.
Deadline for charter membership in Orpheum Society --- which supports the continued restoration --- has been extended until Dec. 31. A one time tax deductable donation of $1,000 offers these benefits for members:
- Invitations to private receptions
- Advance notice of upcoming events
- Opportunity to purchase tickets prior to “on sale” dates for select performances
- Discounted pricing for select special events
- Networking opportunities with like-minded persons who share your passion for restoring national treasures
- Names on honorary plaque at the Keith-Albee
- Other benefits developed by fellow members of The Orpheum Society
For more information call Media Promotion Enterprises at 304-697-4222 or http://concerts.mpe-entertainment.com/1928-keith-albee-gala-the-orpheum-...