- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- Ohio Attorney General DeWine Announces Settlement in Drug Pricing Lawsuit
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 11, 2014
- Hayes, Littlepage Honored for Contributions to 'Grass Roots' Huntington Art Walk
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- BOOK REVIEW: 'If I Had a Son': Another Dissection of Mainstream Media Bias, Often Deliberate Misreporting of Stories Involving Race
- MOUNTAINEER CHALLENGE ACADEMY: Free Military School Better Option Than Dropping Out
NEW IMAGES: Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
Fortunately, Huntington's Keith stayed in operation and a $700,000 roof kept the elements from destroying this "temple of amusement" from the past.
As you move through the gallery, pictures illustrate proposed "before/after" renderings of the Keith Albee (Huntington) interior, and the gallery shifts to examples of still needed restoration areas, such as the dressing rooms and electrical board.
Finally, the gallery displays spacious photos of the theater and flashes back to the festivities of the "gala" as we follow "flapper" Elsa and other guests through the Great Gatsby era celebrating the Keith Albee's opening ... and pointing potential donors to wonders that come from restorations yet to come.
Deadline for charter membership in Orpheum Society --- which supports the continued restoration --- has been extended until Dec. 31. A one time tax deductable donation of $1,000 offers these benefits for members:
- Invitations to private receptions
- Advance notice of upcoming events
- Opportunity to purchase tickets prior to “on sale” dates for select performances
- Discounted pricing for select special events
- Networking opportunities with like-minded persons who share your passion for restoring national treasures
- Names on honorary plaque at the Keith-Albee
- Other benefits developed by fellow members of The Orpheum Society
For more information call Media Promotion Enterprises at 304-697-4222 or http://concerts.mpe-entertainment.com/1928-keith-albee-gala-the-orpheum-...