- Huntington Council Reduces Top Police Ranks
- Washington D.C. To Hold Massive "Coordinated Terror Attack" Drill This Wednesday
- Huntington Clarifies Purposes of America's Best Community Contest and Winnings ; General Fund Not Recipient
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Iceland knows how to stop teen substance abuse; No one else listening
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Southwest WV a Sacrifice Zone; Pipeline Comment Period Ends Today
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Three Huntington Walks with the Mayor This Week
Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
Plans again have been green lighted for a mixed use high rise that preserves only the RKO Keith's lobby, although the auditorium is not beyond restoration. It's 85th anniversary was Christmas Day. (See Flushing RKO at end of gallery. The entire structure was once a landmark, but became involved in a political debacle leaving only a portion of the structure protected.) It's again on the countdown for demolition, but the condo project appears to have fund raising issues, so it still sits and decays.
Fortunately, Huntington's Keith has stayed in operation and donations such as $700,000 roof kept the elements from destroying this "temple of amusement" from the past.
As you move through the gallery, pictures illustrate proposed "before/after" renderings of the Keith Albee (Huntington) interior, and the gallery shifts to examples of still needed restoration areas, such as the dressing rooms and electrical board.
Finally, the gallery displays spacious photos of the theater and flashes back to the festivities of the "gala" as we follow "flapper" pin-up model Bunny Bombshell and other guests through the Great Gatsby era celebrating the Keith Albee's opening ... and pointing potential donors to wonders that come from restorations yet to come.
For more information call Media Promotion Enterprises at 304-697-4222 or http://concerts.mpe-entertainment.com/1928-keith-albee-gala-the-orpheum-...