- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- Marshall Men’s Basketball Hires Dan D’Antoni as Head Coach
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Increase on Soft Housing Data
- Professional Salaries Discussed During Huntington Council Work Session
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- Green Day’s American Idiot to Invade the Keith Albee Performing Arts Center
NEW IMAGES: Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
Fortunately, Huntington's Keith stayed in operation and a $700,000 roof kept the elements from destroying this "temple of amusement" from the past.
As you move through the gallery, pictures illustrate proposed "before/after" renderings of the Keith Albee (Huntington) interior, and the gallery shifts to examples of still needed restoration areas, such as the dressing rooms and electrical board.
Finally, the gallery displays spacious photos of the theater and flashes back to the festivities of the "gala" as we follow "flapper" Elsa and other guests through the Great Gatsby era celebrating the Keith Albee's opening ... and pointing potential donors to wonders that come from restorations yet to come.
Deadline for charter membership in Orpheum Society --- which supports the continued restoration --- has been extended until Dec. 31. A one time tax deductable donation of $1,000 offers these benefits for members:
- Invitations to private receptions
- Advance notice of upcoming events
- Opportunity to purchase tickets prior to “on sale” dates for select performances
- Discounted pricing for select special events
- Networking opportunities with like-minded persons who share your passion for restoring national treasures
- Names on honorary plaque at the Keith-Albee
- Other benefits developed by fellow members of The Orpheum Society
For more information call Media Promotion Enterprises at 304-697-4222 or http://concerts.mpe-entertainment.com/1928-keith-albee-gala-the-orpheum-...