- BOOK REVIEW: 'A Quick Guide to Freemasonry': You've Got Questions, David Harrison Has the Answers
- LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
- Jacobs-Jones becoming MU vice president
- CoreLogic April Edition of MarketPulse Report Examines Single-Family Housing Starts and Fallout from the Expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act
- Mayor Tells Comcast, "Folks Aren't Happy...."
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Gone Girl': Nick and Amy Dunne, Folie å Deux in a Mississippi River Town
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- West Virginia American Water Update on Carbon Filter Change-Out and Water Testing
- NEWS ANALYSIS: Tenants Across the Nation Face Major Rental Increases
NEW IMAGES: Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
Fortunately, Huntington's Keith stayed in operation and a $700,000 roof kept the elements from destroying this "temple of amusement" from the past.
As you move through the gallery, pictures illustrate proposed "before/after" renderings of the Keith Albee (Huntington) interior, and the gallery shifts to examples of still needed restoration areas, such as the dressing rooms and electrical board.
Finally, the gallery displays spacious photos of the theater and flashes back to the festivities of the "gala" as we follow "flapper" Elsa and other guests through the Great Gatsby era celebrating the Keith Albee's opening ... and pointing potential donors to wonders that come from restorations yet to come.
Deadline for charter membership in Orpheum Society --- which supports the continued restoration --- has been extended until Dec. 31. A one time tax deductable donation of $1,000 offers these benefits for members:
- Invitations to private receptions
- Advance notice of upcoming events
- Opportunity to purchase tickets prior to “on sale” dates for select performances
- Discounted pricing for select special events
- Networking opportunities with like-minded persons who share your passion for restoring national treasures
- Names on honorary plaque at the Keith-Albee
- Other benefits developed by fellow members of The Orpheum Society
For more information call Media Promotion Enterprises at 304-697-4222 or http://concerts.mpe-entertainment.com/1928-keith-albee-gala-the-orpheum-...