- Five women arrested in prostitution sting on 6th Avenue
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 7, 2014
- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- WV Attorney General Provides list of the 10 most common complaints received by the Consumer Protection Division helps citizens make wise decisions.
- Fundraiser Saturday for Guyandotte Family
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The Shoulders of Giants
The 2014 West Virginia State Dance Festival Sign-up Deadline Is Jan. 7, 2014
Student applications are accepted only from directors affiliated with full-time dance establishments in West Virginia. Dancers must be at least 12 years old and have at least one year of training in classical ballet with two lessons per week.
The West Virginia State Dance Festival, set for April 25-27, 2014, showcases the talents of West Virginia dancers who come to the Culture Center at the State Capitol Complex in Charleston each spring to perform and take classes from nationally acclaimed dance instructors. This will mark the event’s 32nd year.
Returning faculty members include Lorraine Elizabeth Graves, former principal dancer at the Dance Theatre of Harlem where she is on the master teacher faculty; Maurice Brandon Curry, creative director at Innovative Arts & Media in New York and a freelance director and choreographer; and Kate Trammel, dance professor at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va.
New this upcoming year will be Melanie Person, co-director of The Ailey School in New York; Greg Sinacori, a dance instructor at The Dance Department of the LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts in New York; and Sunday Homitz, founder of Body Technic Systems and a specialist in performance arts physical therapy. Homitz will offer special workshops on muscle strength, stretching, nutrition and injury prevention.