- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- This week’s Business Summit to feature Marshall alumnus, Intuit President and CEO Brad Smith
- Huntington Water Main Break Disrupts Service; Boil Advisory Added
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- Police Reservist Retiring
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- CFPB Report Finds Continued Decline in College Credit Card Agreements; Most Colleges with Credit Card Agreements Do Not Make Them Easily Accessible to Students
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
Proposed Huntington Storm Water Ordinance
You can view the ordinance in full by clicking on the attachment download. Definitions are located in the first two pages of the ordinance.
(a) This article has been enacted to protect and enhance the water quality of our watercourses, water bodies, groundwater and wetlands in a manner pursuant to and consistent with the Clean Water Act and associated federal and state stormwater regulations.
(1) To maintain and improve the stormwater collection system in order to protect and improve water quality in the receiving streams and to reduce or eliminate local flooding resulting from stormwater accumulation.
(2) To reduce pollutants in stormwater discharges.
(3) To control stormwater runoff by providing design, construction and maintenance criteria for permanent and temporary stormwater facilities.
(4) To control non-stormwater discharges to drain systems.
(5) To fully comply with federal and state statutory and regulatory requirements and schedules regarding stormwater management and the water quality of the receiving streams.
Sec. 968.03. Stormwater User Fees and Service Charges:
(a) Users connected to or draining into the public storm drainage system shall pay the stormwater service charge for the operation, maintenance of, improvements to, and necessary additions to the stormwater system. Therefore, all owners or tenants of real property in the City of Huntington and designated portions of the City watershed ("the service area") shall be charged for the use of the stormwater system.
(b) The City Council shall, by ordinance, set stormwater user fees which will recover from users a portion of the costs for use of the stormwater system by property owners within the service area. Such stormwater service fees will be for the operation and maintenance of, improvements to, necessary additions to, and regulatory compliance of the stormwater system and stormwater management program.
(c) The City Council may establish and enforce service fees to be charged and collected for services rendered by the City of Huntington, its employees or designated agents, including, but not limited to, fees for permit application, stormwater management plan review, inspection, and other services.
Sec. 968.04. Property Affected:
Except as provided in this Article and/or by regulation, all real property shall be subject to the stormwater user fee and service charges regardless of whether privately or publicly owned.
Square Ft Flat Rate
1 - 1000 $4.00
1,001 – 2,500, 6.00
2,500 – 5,000, 7.00
5,001 – 10,000, 16.00
10,001 – 50,000, 25.00
50,001 – 100,000, 50.00
100,001 and greater, 100.00