- $2.09 Per Gallon Gas Called Sign Mechanical Problem
- Sheetz Development Narrowly Passes Planning Commission
- Antitrust agreement will protect our citizens’ best interests
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- Complaint alleges Stockert-Sizemore Funeral Home violated the West Virginia Preneed Act and state Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- Senate President Cole, Speaker of the House Armstead Pledge to Defend West Virginia's Coal Mining Industry
Proposed Huntington Storm Water Ordinance
You can view the ordinance in full by clicking on the attachment download. Definitions are located in the first two pages of the ordinance.
(a) This article has been enacted to protect and enhance the water quality of our watercourses, water bodies, groundwater and wetlands in a manner pursuant to and consistent with the Clean Water Act and associated federal and state stormwater regulations.
(1) To maintain and improve the stormwater collection system in order to protect and improve water quality in the receiving streams and to reduce or eliminate local flooding resulting from stormwater accumulation.
(2) To reduce pollutants in stormwater discharges.
(3) To control stormwater runoff by providing design, construction and maintenance criteria for permanent and temporary stormwater facilities.
(4) To control non-stormwater discharges to drain systems.
(5) To fully comply with federal and state statutory and regulatory requirements and schedules regarding stormwater management and the water quality of the receiving streams.
Sec. 968.03. Stormwater User Fees and Service Charges:
(a) Users connected to or draining into the public storm drainage system shall pay the stormwater service charge for the operation, maintenance of, improvements to, and necessary additions to the stormwater system. Therefore, all owners or tenants of real property in the City of Huntington and designated portions of the City watershed ("the service area") shall be charged for the use of the stormwater system.
(b) The City Council shall, by ordinance, set stormwater user fees which will recover from users a portion of the costs for use of the stormwater system by property owners within the service area. Such stormwater service fees will be for the operation and maintenance of, improvements to, necessary additions to, and regulatory compliance of the stormwater system and stormwater management program.
(c) The City Council may establish and enforce service fees to be charged and collected for services rendered by the City of Huntington, its employees or designated agents, including, but not limited to, fees for permit application, stormwater management plan review, inspection, and other services.
Sec. 968.04. Property Affected:
Except as provided in this Article and/or by regulation, all real property shall be subject to the stormwater user fee and service charges regardless of whether privately or publicly owned.
Square Ft Flat Rate
1 - 1000 $4.00
1,001 – 2,500, 6.00
2,500 – 5,000, 7.00
5,001 – 10,000, 16.00
10,001 – 50,000, 25.00
50,001 – 100,000, 50.00
100,001 and greater, 100.00