- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
Proposed Huntington Storm Water Ordinance
You can view the ordinance in full by clicking on the attachment download. Definitions are located in the first two pages of the ordinance.
(a) This article has been enacted to protect and enhance the water quality of our watercourses, water bodies, groundwater and wetlands in a manner pursuant to and consistent with the Clean Water Act and associated federal and state stormwater regulations.
(1) To maintain and improve the stormwater collection system in order to protect and improve water quality in the receiving streams and to reduce or eliminate local flooding resulting from stormwater accumulation.
(2) To reduce pollutants in stormwater discharges.
(3) To control stormwater runoff by providing design, construction and maintenance criteria for permanent and temporary stormwater facilities.
(4) To control non-stormwater discharges to drain systems.
(5) To fully comply with federal and state statutory and regulatory requirements and schedules regarding stormwater management and the water quality of the receiving streams.
Sec. 968.03. Stormwater User Fees and Service Charges:
(a) Users connected to or draining into the public storm drainage system shall pay the stormwater service charge for the operation, maintenance of, improvements to, and necessary additions to the stormwater system. Therefore, all owners or tenants of real property in the City of Huntington and designated portions of the City watershed ("the service area") shall be charged for the use of the stormwater system.
(b) The City Council shall, by ordinance, set stormwater user fees which will recover from users a portion of the costs for use of the stormwater system by property owners within the service area. Such stormwater service fees will be for the operation and maintenance of, improvements to, necessary additions to, and regulatory compliance of the stormwater system and stormwater management program.
(c) The City Council may establish and enforce service fees to be charged and collected for services rendered by the City of Huntington, its employees or designated agents, including, but not limited to, fees for permit application, stormwater management plan review, inspection, and other services.
Sec. 968.04. Property Affected:
Except as provided in this Article and/or by regulation, all real property shall be subject to the stormwater user fee and service charges regardless of whether privately or publicly owned.
Square Ft Flat Rate
1 - 1000 $4.00
1,001 – 2,500, 6.00
2,500 – 5,000, 7.00
5,001 – 10,000, 16.00
10,001 – 50,000, 25.00
50,001 – 100,000, 50.00
100,001 and greater, 100.00