- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
- Brockovich Protesting at US Supreme Court; Case Involves Water Contamination
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Intent to Distribute Heroin, Cocaine, Oxycodone
- Powerful Data Proves It: Media Messages Influence Eating Disorders in Women and Girls
American Water Charitable Foundation provides $4,000 grant to Huntington Fire Academy
Tri-State Fire Academy Director Darren DeMattie says the grant money will be used to purchase hazardous material gear and confined space equipment, as well as four gas monitors and accoutrements for hazardous atmosphere detection.
“The Tri-State Fire Academy provides essential, high-quality training resources for our region’s emergency responders, including firefighters, emergency service workers, military personnel and industry workers,” said DeMattie. “We are grateful to American Water for providing this funding, which enables us to continue providing excellent training to first responders.”
Established in 2010, the American Water Charitable Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides a formal way to demonstrate American Water’s ongoing commitment to being a good neighbor, citizen, and contributor to the communities where the company and its employees live, work and operate. The Foundation also helps support American Water employee-identified nonprofit endeavors.
West Virginia American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest water utility in the state, providing high-quality and
reliable water services to approximately 550,000 people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater
utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water,
wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be
found by visiting www.westvirginiaamwater.com.