- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Move to Highest Level Since Beginning of May
- Layne named director of administration and finance
Following negotiations with the Yacht Club, Huntington Municipal Development Authority (HMDA) acquired development rights for $400,000 in past maintenance expenses. The area is now clear for re-development. A riverfront museum or a small aquarium have been mentioned.
On the western end of the park, grant funding has been approved for a skatepark.