- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- RETRO: Huntington Christmas Parade IMAGES
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Shots Fired on Barboursville Wal Mart Parking Lot; One Arrest Made
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Huntington Prepares for Ho-Ho-Ho
- UPDATED: Retired Firefighter Dead in Westmorland House Fire
Five HPD New Hires Sworn in Friday
The day also marked the retirement of Capt. Rick Eplin, who has served with the Police Department for almost 30 years.
Officers who will be sworn in during the ceremony include Matthew Donathan, 26, of Barboursville; Kevin Miller, 24, of Barboursville; Matthew Keesee, 25, of Huntington; Christopher Boyer, 25, of Huntington; and Casey Williamson, 21, of Huntington.
The officers were hired under a $625,000 COPS grant, which will fund their salaries for the next three years.
The officers will begin the 157th Basic Officer Class at the West Virginia State Police Academy on Jan. 6. They are scheduled to graduate April 25 and will then receive eight weeks of on-the-job training.
Williams appointed Eplin as a probationary police officer on Oct. 5, 1984, when Williams served as interim city manager. Eplin was promoted to captain in June 2001 and has served as commander of the Criminal Investigations Bureau since 2009.