- Hunyington Police Arrest Male with Firearm on School Property
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Stories of Homelessness
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Spin Offs of Harry Potter, Star Wars Will Greet Holiday Moviegoers
- Huntington Police Department Wins Drug Incinerator
Five HPD New Hires Sworn in Friday
The day also marked the retirement of Capt. Rick Eplin, who has served with the Police Department for almost 30 years.
Officers who will be sworn in during the ceremony include Matthew Donathan, 26, of Barboursville; Kevin Miller, 24, of Barboursville; Matthew Keesee, 25, of Huntington; Christopher Boyer, 25, of Huntington; and Casey Williamson, 21, of Huntington.
The officers were hired under a $625,000 COPS grant, which will fund their salaries for the next three years.
The officers will begin the 157th Basic Officer Class at the West Virginia State Police Academy on Jan. 6. They are scheduled to graduate April 25 and will then receive eight weeks of on-the-job training.
Williams appointed Eplin as a probationary police officer on Oct. 5, 1984, when Williams served as interim city manager. Eplin was promoted to captain in June 2001 and has served as commander of the Criminal Investigations Bureau since 2009.