- Portsmouth Nuclear Whistle Blowers Tape Ralph Nader Radio Show
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Property Rescue Initiatives to be Discussed
- Charlie's Harley Davidson Recognized for Superior Performance
- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- Over the River….to Grandparent’s House We Go
- Cabell County Schools Announces 2016 Middle and High School Math Field Day Winners
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Complaint alleges Stockert-Sizemore Funeral Home violated the West Virginia Preneed Act and state Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
- Cabell Huntington Hospital/SEIU Local 1199 employees contribute to United Way
Marshall Recreation Center division of Outdoor Pursuits releases spring calendar of events, trips
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 - Ski Trip at Snowshoe - A 3-day, 2-night skiing and snowboarding trip to the Snowshoe Mountain Resort. Various packages are available.
3 - Winter Warmer Film Series: The Shorts - The second installment of the Rec's Outdoor Film Series will be held in the Outdoor Pursuits Lounge. Featuring 23Feet, MoveShake and Gimp Monkeys
10 - Winter Warmer Film Series - The third installment of the Rec's Outdoor Film Series held in the Outdoor Pursuits Lounge, featuring Wild Water
15 - Ski Trip to Winterplace - 1 full day of skiing and snowboarding fun at Winterplace Ski Resort. Optional snowtubing will be available.
17 - Winter Warmer Film Series - Final installment of the Rec's Outdoor Film Series held in the Outdoor Pursuits Lounge featuring Flight of the Frenchies (subject to change).
1 - 2nd annual Climbing Competition - Climbing Competition will be held at the Rec and complete with new routes, prizes and awards. Registration includes a t-shirt.
8 - Mountain biking at New River Gorge - 4-hour biking trip in the mountains of the New River Gorge National Park.
17-21 - Spring break in Charleston, S.C. - The Rec's annual spring break celebration trip to Charleston, S.C.
28-30 - Canoe/kayaking trip to the Greenbrier River -a 2-day, 1-night canoe and kayaking trip. No experience is necessary.
5 - Rock Climbing at New River Gorge - A 2-day, 1-night rock-climbing trip to the New River Gorge National Park.
12-13 - Whitewater rafting at New River Gorge - A 2-day, 1-night whitewater rafting/camping trip at the lower New River
25-27 - Backpacking at Shenandoah National Park - A 3-day, 2-night backpacking trip on the Appalachian Trail inside the park. Previous hiking experience is required.
3-4 - Spring Thaw Bouldering Competition - The Rec's inaugural bouldering competition will be held in the Outdoor Pursuits Center complete with new bouldering problems, prizes and awards.
For rates or additional information, contact Chad Steen, Outdoor Pursuits coordinator, by phone at 304-696-4653, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.