- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- Huntington Still Infected by Scourge of Drugs
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- Doomsday Clock Edges Closer to Oblivion
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 20, 2015
Marshall to present annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebration
The event will feature bestselling author Omar Tyree, whose works include the nonfiction The Equation: Applying the 4 Indisputable Components of Business Success and novels such as Flyy Girl, Welcome to Dubai (The Traveler) and For the Love of Money.
Dr. Shari Clarke, Marshall vice president for multicultural affairs, said the luncheon is free to the Marshall University community, but reservations are required. Reservations may be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 304-696-4677. Deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Clarke also said the program is dedicated to the memory of Janis Winkfield, who was a staff member in the Office of Financial Aid at Marshall until her death in 2009. Winkfield also was member of the Marshall University Foundation Board of Directors and a past president of the Marshall Black Alumni. Donations will be collected at the luncheon for the scholarship in Winkfield's name.
The event is sponsored by Marshall's Office of Multicultural Affairs, with assistance from corporate sponsor Walmart.