- OPINION: Hope Springs in Huntington on new Facebook Page
- Huntington Sanitary Board Prepares to Shut off Customer's Water for Unpaid Bills
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Let's Round Up the "Johns" Too
- Treehuggers Ball Comes to Huntington
- West Virginia State University Sues Dow For Polluting Campus
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- INTRODUCING SHELLY REUBEN’S NEW NOVEL: My Mostly Happy Life – Autobiography of a Climbing tree
Marshall to present annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebration
The event will feature bestselling author Omar Tyree, whose works include the nonfiction The Equation: Applying the 4 Indisputable Components of Business Success and novels such as Flyy Girl, Welcome to Dubai (The Traveler) and For the Love of Money.
Dr. Shari Clarke, Marshall vice president for multicultural affairs, said the luncheon is free to the Marshall University community, but reservations are required. Reservations may be made by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 304-696-4677. Deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Clarke also said the program is dedicated to the memory of Janis Winkfield, who was a staff member in the Office of Financial Aid at Marshall until her death in 2009. Winkfield also was member of the Marshall University Foundation Board of Directors and a past president of the Marshall Black Alumni. Donations will be collected at the luncheon for the scholarship in Winkfield's name.
The event is sponsored by Marshall's Office of Multicultural Affairs, with assistance from corporate sponsor Walmart.