- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- Former Williamson Mayor Sentenced
- Huntington Traffic Stop Nails Heroin Dealer
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- Councilman Asks for Lawmarker Intervention after Detroit Fugitive Returns, Again Arrested in Huntington
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
Marshall to present annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebration
The event will feature bestselling author Omar Tyree, whose works include the nonfiction The Equation: Applying the 4 Indisputable Components of Business Success and novels such as Flyy Girl, Welcome to Dubai (The Traveler) and For the Love of Money.
Dr. Shari Clarke, Marshall vice president for multicultural affairs, said the luncheon is free to the Marshall University community, but reservations are required. Reservations may be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 304-696-4677. Deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Clarke also said the program is dedicated to the memory of Janis Winkfield, who was a staff member in the Office of Financial Aid at Marshall until her death in 2009. Winkfield also was member of the Marshall University Foundation Board of Directors and a past president of the Marshall Black Alumni. Donations will be collected at the luncheon for the scholarship in Winkfield's name.
The event is sponsored by Marshall's Office of Multicultural Affairs, with assistance from corporate sponsor Walmart.