- Huntington Police, Fire, Public Works Employees Holding News Conference on City Hall Steps
- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- CITY CRISIS: HPD, HFD May Face Scary Cuts
- Some Atomic Energy Workers Passed Effects of Radiation and Chemical Exposure to their Spouses and Children
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Marshall School of Medicine names director of addiction services
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- LETTER: Cutting Police, Fire Wrong Options
- Huntington's Been There, Done That; History Repeating Itself on Severe Shortfalls
Marshall to present annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebration
The event will feature bestselling author Omar Tyree, whose works include the nonfiction The Equation: Applying the 4 Indisputable Components of Business Success and novels such as Flyy Girl, Welcome to Dubai (The Traveler) and For the Love of Money.
Dr. Shari Clarke, Marshall vice president for multicultural affairs, said the luncheon is free to the Marshall University community, but reservations are required. Reservations may be made by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 304-696-4677. Deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Clarke also said the program is dedicated to the memory of Janis Winkfield, who was a staff member in the Office of Financial Aid at Marshall until her death in 2009. Winkfield also was member of the Marshall University Foundation Board of Directors and a past president of the Marshall Black Alumni. Donations will be collected at the luncheon for the scholarship in Winkfield's name.
The event is sponsored by Marshall's Office of Multicultural Affairs, with assistance from corporate sponsor Walmart.