- UPDATED: Sound Improved; Huntington's Cutbacks Lead to Retiree's Suicide
- Huntington Council Approves Abandonment, Sale to BB & T
- Combatting Environmental Destruction With Art
- One Nation, Under Sedation: Medicare Paid for Nearly 40 Million Tranquilizer Prescriptions in 2013
- Detroit man living in Huntington pleads guilty to federal gun crime
- Attorney General Morrisey Issues Statement Following Attendance at WOTUS Executive Order Signing Ceremony
- Gender Norms Shattered In New MAC Exhibition
- Toyko Tower Air Filter Filled with Radioactivity from Fukushima
- Japan Declares Crisis As Fukushima Reactor Begins Falling Into Ocean
- Piketon Diffusion Plant Clean Up Comment Period Extended
Marshall to present annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebration
The event will feature bestselling author Omar Tyree, whose works include the nonfiction The Equation: Applying the 4 Indisputable Components of Business Success and novels such as Flyy Girl, Welcome to Dubai (The Traveler) and For the Love of Money.
Dr. Shari Clarke, Marshall vice president for multicultural affairs, said the luncheon is free to the Marshall University community, but reservations are required. Reservations may be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 304-696-4677. Deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Clarke also said the program is dedicated to the memory of Janis Winkfield, who was a staff member in the Office of Financial Aid at Marshall until her death in 2009. Winkfield also was member of the Marshall University Foundation Board of Directors and a past president of the Marshall Black Alumni. Donations will be collected at the luncheon for the scholarship in Winkfield's name.
The event is sponsored by Marshall's Office of Multicultural Affairs, with assistance from corporate sponsor Walmart.