- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- OP ED COLUMN: Tax Reform Committee Is Covering All Ground
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest Weekly Survey
- Yale Law School professor featured speaker as Amicus Curiae series begins at Marshall University
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
Marshall to present annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebration
The event will feature bestselling author Omar Tyree, whose works include the nonfiction The Equation: Applying the 4 Indisputable Components of Business Success and novels such as Flyy Girl, Welcome to Dubai (The Traveler) and For the Love of Money.
Dr. Shari Clarke, Marshall vice president for multicultural affairs, said the luncheon is free to the Marshall University community, but reservations are required. Reservations may be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 304-696-4677. Deadline is Wednesday, Jan. 15.
Clarke also said the program is dedicated to the memory of Janis Winkfield, who was a staff member in the Office of Financial Aid at Marshall until her death in 2009. Winkfield also was member of the Marshall University Foundation Board of Directors and a past president of the Marshall Black Alumni. Donations will be collected at the luncheon for the scholarship in Winkfield's name.
The event is sponsored by Marshall's Office of Multicultural Affairs, with assistance from corporate sponsor Walmart.