- FLASHBACK: The Three Mile Island Accident, Yes, People Suffered
- Music professors to perform on historical instruments during free performance
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- Political Satire: Portsmouth Considering Marting Building for City Offices ... Again
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Huntington Police Arrest Two on Drug Charges
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
Huntington Mayor Announces Grant workshop for state arts funding
The informal session will cover state arts grant program deadlines, tips and timelines for success, application procedures, new initiatives to support local arts projects and changes in current guidelines that affect fiscal year 2015 applicants.
“Huntington already has a dynamic and active arts community, but we can always work harder to create an environment that encourages artists of all disciplines to aggressively pursue their passions,” Mayor Steve Williams said. “We want Huntington to become a laboratory for artistic expression. Successful artists learn where to go to find grant sources and patrons to underwrite their endeavors. This grant writing forum will assist in providing that necessary skill set.”
The grant writing workshops are the product of “listening tour” sessions that Commission on the Arts staff conducted statewide to identify artists’ needs.
“With the help of local hosts, we can reach the most people and have more impact in each community,” said Renee Margocee, director of arts for the Division of Culture and History. “We appreciate these hosts for assisting with bringing this much-needed workshop to their community.”
To pre-register or for more information about the grant writing workshops and the West Virginia Commission on the Arts, call Debbie Haught at 304-558-0240, ext. 714 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.