- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- OP-ED: Vermont Yankee and the Rest: Dirty, Dangerous, Too Costly to Compute
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- OP-ED: Beyond Deterrence, Compassion
- OP-ED: Are the U.S. and Russian Governments Once Again on the Nuclear Warpath?
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- Huntington Police Continue War on Drugs; Accused Detroit Murderer Arrested
Huntington Mayor Announces Grant workshop for state arts funding
The informal session will cover state arts grant program deadlines, tips and timelines for success, application procedures, new initiatives to support local arts projects and changes in current guidelines that affect fiscal year 2015 applicants.
“Huntington already has a dynamic and active arts community, but we can always work harder to create an environment that encourages artists of all disciplines to aggressively pursue their passions,” Mayor Steve Williams said. “We want Huntington to become a laboratory for artistic expression. Successful artists learn where to go to find grant sources and patrons to underwrite their endeavors. This grant writing forum will assist in providing that necessary skill set.”
The grant writing workshops are the product of “listening tour” sessions that Commission on the Arts staff conducted statewide to identify artists’ needs.
“With the help of local hosts, we can reach the most people and have more impact in each community,” said Renee Margocee, director of arts for the Division of Culture and History. “We appreciate these hosts for assisting with bringing this much-needed workshop to their community.”
To pre-register or for more information about the grant writing workshops and the West Virginia Commission on the Arts, call Debbie Haught at 304-558-0240, ext. 714 or email her at email@example.com.