- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- Green and White High School Football Record Setter on Screen
- "Much Ado" Enjoys Successful Opening Weekend
- Early EPA Documents Confirm Use of Dietz Hollow for Huntington Alloys Waste Disposal
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- Huntington Landbank Sells Properties
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 13, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 18, 2014
Huntington Mayor Announces Grant workshop for state arts funding
The informal session will cover state arts grant program deadlines, tips and timelines for success, application procedures, new initiatives to support local arts projects and changes in current guidelines that affect fiscal year 2015 applicants.
“Huntington already has a dynamic and active arts community, but we can always work harder to create an environment that encourages artists of all disciplines to aggressively pursue their passions,” Mayor Steve Williams said. “We want Huntington to become a laboratory for artistic expression. Successful artists learn where to go to find grant sources and patrons to underwrite their endeavors. This grant writing forum will assist in providing that necessary skill set.”
The grant writing workshops are the product of “listening tour” sessions that Commission on the Arts staff conducted statewide to identify artists’ needs.
“With the help of local hosts, we can reach the most people and have more impact in each community,” said Renee Margocee, director of arts for the Division of Culture and History. “We appreciate these hosts for assisting with bringing this much-needed workshop to their community.”
To pre-register or for more information about the grant writing workshops and the West Virginia Commission on the Arts, call Debbie Haught at 304-558-0240, ext. 714 or email her at email@example.com.