- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Walks with Mayor Williams Continue
- 53rd annual Marshall International Festival returns to Big Sandy Arena Saturday, Nov. 5
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Beer, Bourbon & BBQ culinary event Nov. 12, 2016, at Stonewall Resort; “Yuengs & Wings” pairing Nov. 11
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Former Charleston Job Corps Center employee pleads guilty to misappropriating government funds
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
Huntington Mayor Announces Grant workshop for state arts funding
The informal session will cover state arts grant program deadlines, tips and timelines for success, application procedures, new initiatives to support local arts projects and changes in current guidelines that affect fiscal year 2015 applicants.
“Huntington already has a dynamic and active arts community, but we can always work harder to create an environment that encourages artists of all disciplines to aggressively pursue their passions,” Mayor Steve Williams said. “We want Huntington to become a laboratory for artistic expression. Successful artists learn where to go to find grant sources and patrons to underwrite their endeavors. This grant writing forum will assist in providing that necessary skill set.”
The grant writing workshops are the product of “listening tour” sessions that Commission on the Arts staff conducted statewide to identify artists’ needs.
“With the help of local hosts, we can reach the most people and have more impact in each community,” said Renee Margocee, director of arts for the Division of Culture and History. “We appreciate these hosts for assisting with bringing this much-needed workshop to their community.”
To pre-register or for more information about the grant writing workshops and the West Virginia Commission on the Arts, call Debbie Haught at 304-558-0240, ext. 714 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.