- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Wild Life Invading Fukushima from Radioactive Forest
- Creating a Better Connection Between Huntington and Downtown
- Attorney General Morrisey Applauds Undoing of Stream Buffer Rule, Reviews Need For Lawsuit
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Marshall University researchers receive U.S. patent to treat one of world’s major health issues
- Board Games Featured at St. Cloud Commons in West Huntington
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Spring International Film Festival at Keith Albee Performing Arts Center - March 2-5
MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 8, 2014
McClellan Jet Services*, McClellan, Calif., has been awarded a maximum $37,307,380 fixed-price with economic-price-adjustment contract for into-plane requirement jet fuel. This contract is a competitive acquisition, and one offer was received. Location of performance is California with a March 31, 2018 performance completion date. Using military services are Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and federal civilian agencies. Type of appropriation is fiscal 2014 through fiscal 2018 defense working capital funds. The contracting activity is the Defense Logistics Agency Energy, Fort Belvoir, Va., (SP0600-14-D-0014).
Eisenbraun and Associates, Yankdon, S.D., was awarded a $9,000,000 firm-fixed-price, task order contract for a nationwide survey and mapping of shallow water habitat, floodplain changes and vegetation cover. Funding and work performance location will be determined with each order. Estimated completion date is Jan. 7, 2019. Bids were solicited via the Internet with 27 received. Army Corps of Engineers, Omaha, Neb., is the contracting activity (W9128F-14-D-0001).
Bering Straits Technical Services LLC, Anchorage, Alaska, was awarded a $6,778,700 modification (P00004) to contract W91ZLK-13-D-0001 to furnish all plant, labor, materials, equipment, services, incidentals, and work to demolish, repair, and construct a variety of paving structures and drainage devices at several areas at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md. Funding and work performance location will be determined with each order. Estimated completion date is Jan. 15, 2015. Army Contracting Command, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md., is the contracting activity.
BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair, Norfolk, Va., is being awarded a $13,895,899 modification to previously awarded contract (N00024-11-C-4407) for the USS Wasp (LHD 1) fiscal 2013 dry-docking planned maintenance availability. A dry-docking planned maintenance availability includes the planning and execution of depot-level maintenance, alterations, and modifications that will update and improve the ship's military and technical capabilities. Work will be performed in Norfolk, Va., and is expected to be completed by November 2014. Fiscal 2014 operations and maintenance, Navy funding in the amount of $13,895,899 will be obligated at time of award and will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. Norfolk Ship Support Activity, Norfolk, Va., is the administrative contracting activity.
*Veteran Owned Small Business