- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- COMMENTARY: How to win hearts and minds in the Middle East
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- Elegant Elsa Graces Wayne County Fair at Camden Park IMAGE GALLERY
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 8, 2014
McClellan Jet Services*, McClellan, Calif., has been awarded a maximum $37,307,380 fixed-price with economic-price-adjustment contract for into-plane requirement jet fuel. This contract is a competitive acquisition, and one offer was received. Location of performance is California with a March 31, 2018 performance completion date. Using military services are Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and federal civilian agencies. Type of appropriation is fiscal 2014 through fiscal 2018 defense working capital funds. The contracting activity is the Defense Logistics Agency Energy, Fort Belvoir, Va., (SP0600-14-D-0014).
Eisenbraun and Associates, Yankdon, S.D., was awarded a $9,000,000 firm-fixed-price, task order contract for a nationwide survey and mapping of shallow water habitat, floodplain changes and vegetation cover. Funding and work performance location will be determined with each order. Estimated completion date is Jan. 7, 2019. Bids were solicited via the Internet with 27 received. Army Corps of Engineers, Omaha, Neb., is the contracting activity (W9128F-14-D-0001).
Bering Straits Technical Services LLC, Anchorage, Alaska, was awarded a $6,778,700 modification (P00004) to contract W91ZLK-13-D-0001 to furnish all plant, labor, materials, equipment, services, incidentals, and work to demolish, repair, and construct a variety of paving structures and drainage devices at several areas at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md. Funding and work performance location will be determined with each order. Estimated completion date is Jan. 15, 2015. Army Contracting Command, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md., is the contracting activity.
BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair, Norfolk, Va., is being awarded a $13,895,899 modification to previously awarded contract (N00024-11-C-4407) for the USS Wasp (LHD 1) fiscal 2013 dry-docking planned maintenance availability. A dry-docking planned maintenance availability includes the planning and execution of depot-level maintenance, alterations, and modifications that will update and improve the ship's military and technical capabilities. Work will be performed in Norfolk, Va., and is expected to be completed by November 2014. Fiscal 2014 operations and maintenance, Navy funding in the amount of $13,895,899 will be obligated at time of award and will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. Norfolk Ship Support Activity, Norfolk, Va., is the administrative contracting activity.
*Veteran Owned Small Business