- Belle, Beast and Chorus Visit Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Former Social Security Lawyer Indicated Judge Paid $10,000 a Month
- Portland Neighbors Sue Precision Castparts for Alleged Toxic Emissions
- Marshall Day at the Capitol to take place next Thursday
- Full Schedule of Walks with Mayor Williams
- Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop at Blackwater Falls State Park April 7-9- 2017; Registration closes April 3
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- One Dead Following Huntington Shooting
- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Stay Largely Unchanged
"Mortgage rates were little changed amid a week of light economic reports," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Of the few releases, the private sector added an estimated 238,000 jobs in December, which exceeded the market consensus and followed an upward revision of 14,000 jobs in November, according to the ADP Research Institute. Also, the Institute for Supply Management reported a greater slowing in growth in the non-manufacturing industry in December than the market consensus forecast."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.51 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending January 9, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.53 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.40 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.56 percent with an average 0.6 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.55 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.66 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.15 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.05 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.67 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.56 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, unchanged from last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.60 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.