- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- UPDATED... HPD Nets Four Controlled Substance Arrests September 23-24; Burglaries Reported
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cleveland OD Deaths Prompt Public Health Warning
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- - Candidates go beyond sound bites on major issues facing older West Virginians & their families
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- FIRST LOOK: "Magnificent Seven" Saddles Up Excitement as an Ole West Mercenary Squad
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Stay Largely Unchanged
"Mortgage rates were little changed amid a week of light economic reports," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Of the few releases, the private sector added an estimated 238,000 jobs in December, which exceeded the market consensus and followed an upward revision of 14,000 jobs in November, according to the ADP Research Institute. Also, the Institute for Supply Management reported a greater slowing in growth in the non-manufacturing industry in December than the market consensus forecast."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.51 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending January 9, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.53 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.40 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.56 percent with an average 0.6 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.55 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.66 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.15 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.05 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.67 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.56 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, unchanged from last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.60 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.