- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- OP-ED: Beyond Deterrence, Compassion
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- Marshall University School of Medicine announces new administrative chair of radiation oncology
- OP-ED: Vermont Yankee and the Rest: Dirty, Dangerous, Too Costly to Compute
- OP-ED: Are the U.S. and Russian Governments Once Again on the Nuclear Warpath?
GOVERNOR TOMBLIN DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY IN 9 COUNTIES
Friday, January 10, 2014 - 01:49 Special to HNN From a Gov. Tomblin Press Statement
"West Virginians in the affected service areas are urged NOT to use tap water for drinking, cooking, washing or bathing," Gov. Tomblin said. "Right now, our priorities are our hospitals, nursing homes, and schools. I've been working with our National Guard and Office of Emergency Services in an effort to provide water and supplies through the county emergency services offices as quickly as possible."