- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Huntington Art Walk Resumes Thursday in Downtown; Author at Adell's Antiques
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: The US: Caribbean’s Friend or Unintentional Foe?
- CONSUMER ALERT: Jury Duty Phishing Scam; Verified by Snopes
- Sen. Manchin Introduces Bill to Keep 150 WV Post Offices Open for Two Years
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Risk Advantage': Sports and Auto Racing Examples Can Help Entrepreneurs Succeed
Portions of Nine WV Counties Under Do Not Use Water Warning
Friday, January 10, 2014 - 05:14 Updated 13 weeks ago
Due to the nature of the contamination along the Elk River, as a precaution, customers should not use their water for any purpose. Bottled or alternative sources of water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, bathing, food preparation, baby formula and all other purposes until further notice. Water quality specialists continue to monitor water, and crews will conduct flushing throughout the distribution system. West Virginia American Water will inform you when it is determined that the water is once again safe to use.
Customers who are served by the City of Hurricane, St. Albans, Putnam PSD, Montgomery and Cedar Grove/East Bank are NOT affected.