- Miss West Virginia Competes in Miss America Pageant Tonight
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- IMAGES: Thundering Herd Rolls to 3-0
- IMAGES: CCCSO Ritter Park Picnic
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- Will "Guardians" Continue at the top of Boxoffice? "Dolphin" sequel likely Winner
- Career Expo for first Physical Therapy graduating class is Tuesday, Aug. 26
- Person Shot at Third Avenue Bar Expected to be OK
Portions of Nine WV Counties Under Do Not Use Water Warning
Friday, January 10, 2014 - 05:14 Updated 35 weeks ago
Due to the nature of the contamination along the Elk River, as a precaution, customers should not use their water for any purpose. Bottled or alternative sources of water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, bathing, food preparation, baby formula and all other purposes until further notice. Water quality specialists continue to monitor water, and crews will conduct flushing throughout the distribution system. West Virginia American Water will inform you when it is determined that the water is once again safe to use.
Customers who are served by the City of Hurricane, St. Albans, Putnam PSD, Montgomery and Cedar Grove/East Bank are NOT affected.