- Fire Prevention Parade IMAGES
- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- Fire Prevention Parade Passing Keith Albee IMAGES
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Presidential finalists named; on-campus interviews to be held Oct. 13-16
- OP ED: Time to Start Campaign to Build Sound Boys and Men
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- Yoga Class Saturday Morning
- Huntington City Council Agenda Tuesday October 13
- Every Child is Beautiful Tour Cancelled
Chemical Safety Board Deploys to Charleston Spill
CSB Chairperson Rafael Moure-Eraso said, “This incident continues to impact the people of West Virginia – our goal is to find out what happened to allow a leak of such magnitude to occur and to ensure that the proper safeguards are in place to prevent a similar incident from occurring.”
The investigative team will be led by Supervisory Investigator Johnnie Banks and is scheduled to arrive in West Virginia on Monday morning.
The CSB is an independent federal agency charged with investigating industrial chemical accidents. The agency's board members are appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate. CSB investigations look into all aspects of chemical accidents, including physical causes such as equipment failure as well as inadequacies in regulations, industry standards, and safety management systems.