- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
Countdown to Daytona: Today's Number: 42
42: The number of starts Jeff Gordon has made in points races at nine different NASCAR Sprint Cup Series tracks, including Daytona International Speedway. Since his NASCAR Sprint Cup debut at Atlanta at age 21 in November 1992, Gordon has amassed an unbroken streak of 725 consecutive starts, racing twice each season at Bristol, Charlotte, Daytona, Dover, Martinsville, Michigan, Pocono, Richmond and Talladega for the last 21 years. If he keeps the streak intact, Gordon is on pace to break Ricky Rudd’s series-record 788 consecutive starts in the 28th race of 2015.