- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- Q and A with Councilman Caserta: Mayor Needs to be Held Accountable, Independent Audit Necessary
- Bid Specifics Revealed in Huntington Street Sweeping Program
- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- Ohio Woman Found Guilty of 2009 Antifreeze Murder, Sentenced to 15 Years to Life
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governing Sick Leave Payments
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 13, 2014
Randolph Engineering, Inc., Randolph, Mass., has been awarded a maximum $33,381,996 modification (P00005) exercising the fourth option year on a one-year base contract (SPM2DE-10-D-7544) with four one-year option periods for various optical frames and accessories. This is a fixed-price with economic-price-adjustment contract. Location of performance is Massachusetts with a Jan. 21, 2015 performance completion date. Using military services are Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and federal civilian agencies. Type of appropriation is fiscal 2014 defense working capital funds. The contracting activity is the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support, Philadelphia, Pa.
ABM Government Services LLC, Hopkinsville, Ky., was awarded a $45,000,000 firm-fixed-price contract for the operation, maintenance, repair, and minor construction of medical research and materiel command laboratory facilities. Funding and work location will be determined with each order. Estimated completion date is Jan 13, 2018. Bids were solicited via the Internet with four received. Army Corps of Engineers, Mobile, Ala. is the contracting activity (W91278-14-D-0016).
Northrop Grumman Technical Services, Sierra Vista, Ariz. was awarded a $36,294,099 modification (P00017) to contract W58RGZ-13-C-0010 for contractor logistics services and engineering support for the Hunter Unmanned Aircraft System. Fiscal 2014 operations and maintenance (Army) funds in the amount of $10,400,000 were obligated at the time of the award. Estimated completion date is Jan. 14, 2015. Work will be performed in Afghanistan and Sierra Vista, Ariz. Army Contracting Command, Redstone Arsenal, Ala. is the contracting activity.
Pond & Co.,* Norcross, Ga., (W912HP-14-D-0007) and Corrpro Companies, Inc.,* San Diego, Calif., (W912HP-14-D-0008) were awarded a $9,999,900 firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for cathodic protection and corrosion controls. Funding and work location will be determined with each order. Estimated completion date is Jan. 12, 2017. Bids were solicited via the Internet with six received. Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston, S.C. is the contracting activity.
Affordable Engineering Services, LLC,* Totowa, N.J., is being awarded a $20,832,874 cost-plus-fixed-fee contract to procure support services for the air vehicle modification and instrumentation efforts, to include designing, developing, building, installing, testing and evaluating, calibrating, modifying, operating and maintaining instrumentation on aircraft and engines for the Navy and other Government and commercial customers. Work will be performed in Patuxent River, Md. (95 percent), China Lake, Calif. (2.5 percent), and Point Mogu, Calif. (2.5 percent), and is expected to be completed in February 2018. Fiscal 2014 research, development, test and evaluation – Navy contract funds in the amount of $7,000,000 are being obligated on this award, all of which will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured via an electronic request for proposals; five offers were received. The Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, Patuxent River, Md., is the contracting activity (N00421-14-C-0007).