- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Former Huntington Detective, City, Supervisors Sued for Civil Rights Violations, Sexual Abuse
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Shooting Near Huntington's Norway Avenue, Suspect at Large
- Charleston man pleads guilty for role in large-scale methamphetamine conspiracy
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- University presidents underscore higher education as an investment in West Virginia’s future
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 13, 2014
Randolph Engineering, Inc., Randolph, Mass., has been awarded a maximum $33,381,996 modification (P00005) exercising the fourth option year on a one-year base contract (SPM2DE-10-D-7544) with four one-year option periods for various optical frames and accessories. This is a fixed-price with economic-price-adjustment contract. Location of performance is Massachusetts with a Jan. 21, 2015 performance completion date. Using military services are Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and federal civilian agencies. Type of appropriation is fiscal 2014 defense working capital funds. The contracting activity is the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support, Philadelphia, Pa.
ABM Government Services LLC, Hopkinsville, Ky., was awarded a $45,000,000 firm-fixed-price contract for the operation, maintenance, repair, and minor construction of medical research and materiel command laboratory facilities. Funding and work location will be determined with each order. Estimated completion date is Jan 13, 2018. Bids were solicited via the Internet with four received. Army Corps of Engineers, Mobile, Ala. is the contracting activity (W91278-14-D-0016).
Northrop Grumman Technical Services, Sierra Vista, Ariz. was awarded a $36,294,099 modification (P00017) to contract W58RGZ-13-C-0010 for contractor logistics services and engineering support for the Hunter Unmanned Aircraft System. Fiscal 2014 operations and maintenance (Army) funds in the amount of $10,400,000 were obligated at the time of the award. Estimated completion date is Jan. 14, 2015. Work will be performed in Afghanistan and Sierra Vista, Ariz. Army Contracting Command, Redstone Arsenal, Ala. is the contracting activity.
Pond & Co.,* Norcross, Ga., (W912HP-14-D-0007) and Corrpro Companies, Inc.,* San Diego, Calif., (W912HP-14-D-0008) were awarded a $9,999,900 firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for cathodic protection and corrosion controls. Funding and work location will be determined with each order. Estimated completion date is Jan. 12, 2017. Bids were solicited via the Internet with six received. Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston, S.C. is the contracting activity.
Affordable Engineering Services, LLC,* Totowa, N.J., is being awarded a $20,832,874 cost-plus-fixed-fee contract to procure support services for the air vehicle modification and instrumentation efforts, to include designing, developing, building, installing, testing and evaluating, calibrating, modifying, operating and maintaining instrumentation on aircraft and engines for the Navy and other Government and commercial customers. Work will be performed in Patuxent River, Md. (95 percent), China Lake, Calif. (2.5 percent), and Point Mogu, Calif. (2.5 percent), and is expected to be completed in February 2018. Fiscal 2014 research, development, test and evaluation – Navy contract funds in the amount of $7,000,000 are being obligated on this award, all of which will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured via an electronic request for proposals; five offers were received. The Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, Patuxent River, Md., is the contracting activity (N00421-14-C-0007).