- IMAGES: Major March Snowfall, Power Outages Lead to State of Huntington Emergency
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- DEVELOPING... Garbage Pickup in Progress; Pump Stations Operating, Warming Stations Open, Downed Trees Block Roads
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 4, 2015
- UPDATED: 17% still without Power in Cabell, WV
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Ohio River Flood Warning Updated
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
Freedom Industries Issued Containment Violations at Poca Facility
Specifically, the inspection describes MCHM storage from the recent spill: Barker tanks containing MCHM from the recent Freedom Industries spill were staged on site. There were six tanks on site containing MCHM as well as additional empty tanks to be filled as cleanup continues. Construction of a clay hem is planned to provide secondary containment for these tanks, but two are currently placed in a location which would prevent such construction oon an impervious surface."
Other findings: No Discharge Monitoring Reports were available on site but samples were provided. The only employee training record was dated 2004. The building is listed as a "secondary containment" but "holes exist at floor level"... a trench around the building "does not function" as secondary containment since employees can open the gate(s) and there is no "method for separating stormwater."
Notice of Violations Issue: Five
Cynthia Musser, signed the report on Jan. 14, 2014 as the WV DEP management reviewer.
- WV DEP report (2.45 MB)