- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
- Thundering Herd IMG Network to Air 10 Baseball Broadcasts
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- OP-ED: On 'Real Women': Don't Hate Me -- It's Genetic
Freedom Industries Issued Containment Violations at Poca Facility
Specifically, the inspection describes MCHM storage from the recent spill: Barker tanks containing MCHM from the recent Freedom Industries spill were staged on site. There were six tanks on site containing MCHM as well as additional empty tanks to be filled as cleanup continues. Construction of a clay hem is planned to provide secondary containment for these tanks, but two are currently placed in a location which would prevent such construction oon an impervious surface."
Other findings: No Discharge Monitoring Reports were available on site but samples were provided. The only employee training record was dated 2004. The building is listed as a "secondary containment" but "holes exist at floor level"... a trench around the building "does not function" as secondary containment since employees can open the gate(s) and there is no "method for separating stormwater."
Notice of Violations Issue: Five
Cynthia Musser, signed the report on Jan. 14, 2014 as the WV DEP management reviewer.
- WV DEP report (2.45 MB)