- NAHB: Study Shows Substantial Regional Differences in New Single-Family Houses
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- Attorney General DeWine Warns Consumers to Avoid Online Romance Scams
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- Cato Breaks Record, No. 25 @HerdFB Cruises Past FIU 45-13
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 17, 2014
- Rahall Supports Travel Ban to Ebola Impacted Countries
- Musical theatre talents from the Greenbrier to visit Marshall music and theatre students
- Detroit Man Arrested Again for Drug Charges after Returning to Huntington
Freedom Industries Issued Containment Violations at Poca Facility
Specifically, the inspection describes MCHM storage from the recent spill: Barker tanks containing MCHM from the recent Freedom Industries spill were staged on site. There were six tanks on site containing MCHM as well as additional empty tanks to be filled as cleanup continues. Construction of a clay hem is planned to provide secondary containment for these tanks, but two are currently placed in a location which would prevent such construction oon an impervious surface."
Other findings: No Discharge Monitoring Reports were available on site but samples were provided. The only employee training record was dated 2004. The building is listed as a "secondary containment" but "holes exist at floor level"... a trench around the building "does not function" as secondary containment since employees can open the gate(s) and there is no "method for separating stormwater."
Notice of Violations Issue: Five
Cynthia Musser, signed the report on Jan. 14, 2014 as the WV DEP management reviewer.
- WV DEP report (2.45 MB)