- Washington D.C. To Hold Massive "Coordinated Terror Attack" Drill This Wednesday
- Huntington Council Reduces Top Police Ranks
- Alleged Drug Suppliers, Prostitutes Rounded Up in Huntington
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Casto to speak at Library lunch
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Huntington Clarifies Purposes of America's Best Community Contest and Winnings ; General Fund Not Recipient
- Iceland knows how to stop teen substance abuse; No one else listening
Freedom Industries Issued Containment Violations at Poca Facility
Specifically, the inspection describes MCHM storage from the recent spill: Barker tanks containing MCHM from the recent Freedom Industries spill were staged on site. There were six tanks on site containing MCHM as well as additional empty tanks to be filled as cleanup continues. Construction of a clay hem is planned to provide secondary containment for these tanks, but two are currently placed in a location which would prevent such construction oon an impervious surface."
Other findings: No Discharge Monitoring Reports were available on site but samples were provided. The only employee training record was dated 2004. The building is listed as a "secondary containment" but "holes exist at floor level"... a trench around the building "does not function" as secondary containment since employees can open the gate(s) and there is no "method for separating stormwater."
Notice of Violations Issue: Five
Cynthia Musser, signed the report on Jan. 14, 2014 as the WV DEP management reviewer.
- WV DEP report (2.45 MB)