- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- OPINION: Adjust Sewer Rate Increase; Fund Police, Fire like Sewers
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- REVIEW: "Darker" More Gray as it Delves into Origins of the "Red Room"
- COLUMN: Turning a Long Triage Wait into a Concert Ticket Camp In ... Well Sorta
- Final Approval for Radical Radiation Rise in Water Supplies after Nuclear Release
- DYSFUNCTION DISORDER: Snapshots Taken as Gospel
- W.Va. AG Applauds Scott Pruitt’s Confirmation As EPA Administrator
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- In Connecticut, Calling for Help Carries Risks for Victims of Domestic Violence
Freedom Industries Issued Containment Violations at Poca Facility
Specifically, the inspection describes MCHM storage from the recent spill: Barker tanks containing MCHM from the recent Freedom Industries spill were staged on site. There were six tanks on site containing MCHM as well as additional empty tanks to be filled as cleanup continues. Construction of a clay hem is planned to provide secondary containment for these tanks, but two are currently placed in a location which would prevent such construction oon an impervious surface."
Other findings: No Discharge Monitoring Reports were available on site but samples were provided. The only employee training record was dated 2004. The building is listed as a "secondary containment" but "holes exist at floor level"... a trench around the building "does not function" as secondary containment since employees can open the gate(s) and there is no "method for separating stormwater."
Notice of Violations Issue: Five
Cynthia Musser, signed the report on Jan. 14, 2014 as the WV DEP management reviewer.
- WV DEP report (2.45 MB)