- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 31, 2014
- Former Prison Employee Appears in Federal Court for Sexual Abuse of Inmate
- Thieves Steal Huntington Veteran's Wheel Chair
- Marshall Psychology faculty, students present session at Comic-Con
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Commonwealth Business Council is Dead: Will a Bankable Entity Arise?
- Perry's Honored; Artisan Cafe to Open
- BOOK REVIEW: '935 Lies': How Governments, Businesses Lie to Us and the Failure of Journalism to Inform Us
- Santana Coming to Games at Pullman Square for Art Walk
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Marshall University School of Medicine announces appointment of new department chairman
Freedom Industries Issued Containment Violations at Poca Facility
Specifically, the inspection describes MCHM storage from the recent spill: Barker tanks containing MCHM from the recent Freedom Industries spill were staged on site. There were six tanks on site containing MCHM as well as additional empty tanks to be filled as cleanup continues. Construction of a clay hem is planned to provide secondary containment for these tanks, but two are currently placed in a location which would prevent such construction oon an impervious surface."
Other findings: No Discharge Monitoring Reports were available on site but samples were provided. The only employee training record was dated 2004. The building is listed as a "secondary containment" but "holes exist at floor level"... a trench around the building "does not function" as secondary containment since employees can open the gate(s) and there is no "method for separating stormwater."
Notice of Violations Issue: Five
Cynthia Musser, signed the report on Jan. 14, 2014 as the WV DEP management reviewer.
- WV DEP report (2.45 MB)