- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Hits Highest Level Since Nov. 2005
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- Layne named director of administration and finance
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
Freedom Industries Issued Containment Violations at Poca Facility
Specifically, the inspection describes MCHM storage from the recent spill: Barker tanks containing MCHM from the recent Freedom Industries spill were staged on site. There were six tanks on site containing MCHM as well as additional empty tanks to be filled as cleanup continues. Construction of a clay hem is planned to provide secondary containment for these tanks, but two are currently placed in a location which would prevent such construction oon an impervious surface."
Other findings: No Discharge Monitoring Reports were available on site but samples were provided. The only employee training record was dated 2004. The building is listed as a "secondary containment" but "holes exist at floor level"... a trench around the building "does not function" as secondary containment since employees can open the gate(s) and there is no "method for separating stormwater."
Notice of Violations Issue: Five
Cynthia Musser, signed the report on Jan. 14, 2014 as the WV DEP management reviewer.
- WV DEP report (2.45 MB)