- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Carol Polan Likely Replacement Candidate for Husband
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Council Hears First Reading on Planned Duplex
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Nonprofit Organization Opens Applications and Nominations to Take Children with Chronic and Terminal Illnesses and Their Families to Walt Disney World
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Attorney General Morrisey to EPA: Halt Federal Spending on Clean Power Plan
- 2016 Rails & Ales Festival to be Held on Saturday, August 13th
- It's Almost Summer but Elsa's Ice Magic Continues for Your Event IMAGES
Freedom Industries Issued Containment Violations at Poca Facility
Specifically, the inspection describes MCHM storage from the recent spill: Barker tanks containing MCHM from the recent Freedom Industries spill were staged on site. There were six tanks on site containing MCHM as well as additional empty tanks to be filled as cleanup continues. Construction of a clay hem is planned to provide secondary containment for these tanks, but two are currently placed in a location which would prevent such construction oon an impervious surface."
Other findings: No Discharge Monitoring Reports were available on site but samples were provided. The only employee training record was dated 2004. The building is listed as a "secondary containment" but "holes exist at floor level"... a trench around the building "does not function" as secondary containment since employees can open the gate(s) and there is no "method for separating stormwater."
Notice of Violations Issue: Five
Cynthia Musser, signed the report on Jan. 14, 2014 as the WV DEP management reviewer.
- WV DEP report (2.45 MB)