- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- Huntington Police Make Burglary Arrest
- President Bill Clinton to Campaign for Hillary Clinton in Morehead, Lexington, Louisville Kentucky
- Announcing the new Tamarack Foundation Emerging Artist Fellowship
- Congressman Shuster Endorses Donald Trump for President
- Miss America Titleholders from all 52 States and Territories to Raise Money for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- 2016 Brewskies Lineup Announced
- Advisory Board
Freedom Industries Issued Containment Violations at Poca Facility
Specifically, the inspection describes MCHM storage from the recent spill: Barker tanks containing MCHM from the recent Freedom Industries spill were staged on site. There were six tanks on site containing MCHM as well as additional empty tanks to be filled as cleanup continues. Construction of a clay hem is planned to provide secondary containment for these tanks, but two are currently placed in a location which would prevent such construction oon an impervious surface."
Other findings: No Discharge Monitoring Reports were available on site but samples were provided. The only employee training record was dated 2004. The building is listed as a "secondary containment" but "holes exist at floor level"... a trench around the building "does not function" as secondary containment since employees can open the gate(s) and there is no "method for separating stormwater."
Notice of Violations Issue: Five
Cynthia Musser, signed the report on Jan. 14, 2014 as the WV DEP management reviewer.
- WV DEP report (2.45 MB)