- New Awareness Campaign Stresses that "Human Trafficking Happens Here Too"
- University deploys medical team to flood-ravaged Greenbrier County, including Rainelle
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Two Possession Arrests by HPD; Numerous B & E, Petit Larceny Incidents
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- Huntington Police Execute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- 93.7 The Dawg presents Dawg Dazzle with Julie Reeves, Frankie Ballard and Jon Pardi
- West Virginia American Water Update on Water System Restoration in Flood-Impacted Areas
- Huntington Police Arrest Alleged DUI Driver after Crash; Victim Critical
- Attorney General, Congressman Provide Update on Flood Relief Efforts
Freedom Industries Issued Containment Violations at Poca Facility
Specifically, the inspection describes MCHM storage from the recent spill: Barker tanks containing MCHM from the recent Freedom Industries spill were staged on site. There were six tanks on site containing MCHM as well as additional empty tanks to be filled as cleanup continues. Construction of a clay hem is planned to provide secondary containment for these tanks, but two are currently placed in a location which would prevent such construction oon an impervious surface."
Other findings: No Discharge Monitoring Reports were available on site but samples were provided. The only employee training record was dated 2004. The building is listed as a "secondary containment" but "holes exist at floor level"... a trench around the building "does not function" as secondary containment since employees can open the gate(s) and there is no "method for separating stormwater."
Notice of Violations Issue: Five
Cynthia Musser, signed the report on Jan. 14, 2014 as the WV DEP management reviewer.
- WV DEP report (2.45 MB)