- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Former Huntington Detective, City, Supervisors Sued for Civil Rights Violations, Sexual Abuse
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Walk with the Mayor Begins, Highlawn Next
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Miller Named Vice President of Bank
- Huntington City Council to vote on Budget Estimate
FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Move Lower on Economic Data
"Mortgage rates drifted downward this week amid signs of a weakening economic recovery," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "The economy added 74,000 jobs in December, less than the market consensus forecast. Retail sales [PDF] rose 0.2 percent in December, which was nearly half of November's 0.4 percent increase. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 6.7 percent which was the lowest since October 2008."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.41 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending January 16, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.51 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.38 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.45 percent with an average 0.7 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.56 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.66 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.10 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.15 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.67 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.56 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, unchanged from last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.57 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.