- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Fans Turn Out for Free Comic Book Day IMAGE GALLERY
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Apr. 30, 2015
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Old Times are not forgotten in the South
- CANCELLED: Community Hike March 7
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Move Lower on Economic Data
"Mortgage rates drifted downward this week amid signs of a weakening economic recovery," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "The economy added 74,000 jobs in December, less than the market consensus forecast. Retail sales [PDF] rose 0.2 percent in December, which was nearly half of November's 0.4 percent increase. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 6.7 percent which was the lowest since October 2008."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.41 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending January 16, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.51 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.38 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.45 percent with an average 0.7 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.56 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.66 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.10 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.15 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.67 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.56 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, unchanged from last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.57 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.