- Michigan International Speedway Test Helps Prepare Gen-6 Car for 2015
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- Marshall Medical Outreach teams with Cabell Huntington Hospital for women’s health event
- Kessler Makes Appointment to Public Water System Supply Study Commission
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: Lawmakers and School Officials: Stay out of Our Bodily Wastes
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Please Stop Helping Us': Black Conservative Deconstructs Unintended Consequences of Affirmative Action, Minimum Wage Laws, Public Schools
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
RECALLS THIS WEEK: Medicine Cabinets, Light Barndoors, and Other Product Recalls
This recall involves four models of Glacier Bay®-branded bathroom medicine cabinets, manufactured between July 15, 2013 and October 10, 2013. ?VOC? and the manufacture date are stamped on the exterior of the cabinet?s back panel. A complete list can be found at www.recalls.org.
Consumers should and return the item to The Home Depot for a full refund.
Philips Selecon is recalling Four- and Eight-Leaf Barndoors for Rama Luminaire Stage Lights sold nationwide from January 2003 to January 2013. The heat of the stage lights can make the barndoors detach from the light and fall, posing an impact injury hazard.
The recalled barndoors are used on Rama Fresnel and Rama PC stage lights. Four-leaf barndoors are part number 20BDSF12 and eight-leaf barndoors are part number 20BDSF128. The part numbers are only on the invoice for the product.
Consumers should contact Philips Selecon at (800) 478-7263, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET or online at www.seleconlight.com for a free safety cable and installation instructions. More info at www.recalls.org.
Sears and Kmart are recalling Kenmore oscillating fan heaters sold at Sears and Kmart stores nationwide from September 2013 to November 2013. Broken motor mounts can cause the units to overheat, catch fire and ignite nearby items, posing a fire and burn hazard.
This recall involves Kenmore oscillating fan heaters with model number 127.90914310. The model number and Kenmore are printed on a silver sticker on the bottom of the unit.
Consumers should return the fans to any Sears or Kmart store for a full refund.
Consumers can also contact Sears/Kmart toll-free at (888) 820-3341 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT on Saturday, or visit websites at www.sears.com and www.kmart.com. More info at www.recalls.org.
SRAM is recalling SRAM Hydraulic Road Rim Brakes and Hydraulic Road Disc Brakes for bicycles sold nationwide from May 2013 to December 2013. The brake systems can fail, posing a crash and injury hazard.
The recalled bicycle brake models include SB Red Hydraulic Road Disc, SB Red Hydraulic Road Rim, SB 700 Hydraulic Road Disc and SB 700 Hydraulic Road Rim. A complete list can be found at www.recalls.org.
Consumers should contact any SRAM dealer to arrange for a free replacement product.