- NAHB: Study Shows Substantial Regional Differences in New Single-Family Houses
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- Attorney General DeWine Warns Consumers to Avoid Online Romance Scams
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- Musical theatre talents from the Greenbrier to visit Marshall music and theatre students
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 17, 2014
- Rahall Supports Travel Ban to Ebola Impacted Countries
- Detroit Man Arrested Again for Drug Charges after Returning to Huntington
- Cato Breaks Record, No. 25 @HerdFB Cruises Past FIU 45-13
CoreLogic Releases January Edition of MarketPulse Report Examining U.S. Housing Trends
Key findings in the CoreLogic January MarketPulse report include:
- A CoreLogic analysis of credit availability shows that credit is tight for low credit-score borrowers, those who don't want to or can't fully document their loans, and those who would like an ARM product. High-LTV (loan-to-value) lending remains modestly loose relative to normal, high-DTI (debt-to-income) lending is modestly tight relative to normal, and the share of ARM loans originated is much more restricted than normal, as many subprime ARM loan products are no longer available.
- Cash sales comprised 37.4 percent of total home sales in September 2013, down from the peak in January 2011 when cash sales made up 46.1 percent of total home sales.
- The historical trend of auto sales correlating to home sales has seen a shift with auto sales recovering much more rapidly over the past three years due to the increase in auto-related subprime lending.
MarketPulse article content consists of a selection of recently published CoreLogic research, analytics and commentary. To view additional content please visit the Insights Blog: http://www.corelogic.com/blog.
For a full copy of the CoreLogic January MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/research/the-market-pulse/marketpulse_2014-january.pdf.