- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- BOOK REVIEW: 'California Dreaming: Boosterism, Memory, and Rural Suburbs in the Golden State': Detailed Look at Three 'Agriburbs' in Sacramento, Los Angeles Areas
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Holiday Garbage Pick Up Schedule Announced
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
Water Testing, Legislative Lobbying Upcoming Activities
January 27: Advocacy Training, 6pm-8pm
Memorial Student Center, Marshall University – One John Marshall Drive, Huntington
Understand the legislative process. Get tips on speaking with elected officials. Learn about progressive organizations and issues in West Virginia. Free training, all are welcome. Food & beverages served. Sponsored by: American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) WV; WV Citizen Action Group (CAG); Direct Action Welfare Group (DAWG); Fairness WV; Healthy Kids & Families Coalition; National Association of Social Workers (NASW) WV; Planned Parenthood; WV Coalition Against Domestic Violence; WV Environmental Council (WVEC) and WV FREE. For more information: NASW, firstname.lastname@example.org or 304 345-6279
January 28: Press conference, noon
Fountain side of the state capitol
Regenerate West Virginia PAC is hosting a press conference at the capitol to release the results of its survey of state legislators about the chemical spill and water crisis. Find out more about what your legislators really plan to do to address the crisis and hold them accountable.
February 22: Rainwater Harvesting and Water Solutions Workshop, 10am-4pm
Rock Lake Community Life Center, South Charleston, WVA free & full day on the basic ins and outs of Rainwater Harvesting and other water solutions. In addition to in-person presentations and some in person hands-on, this will feature students of renowned water harvesting expert Brad Lancaster live and presenting via Skype and answering questions. More info here