- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Huntington Art Walk Resumes Thursday in Downtown; Author at Adell's Antiques
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: The US: Caribbean’s Friend or Unintentional Foe?
- Sen. Manchin Introduces Bill to Keep 150 WV Post Offices Open for Two Years
- CONSUMER ALERT: Jury Duty Phishing Scam; Verified by Snopes
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Risk Advantage': Sports and Auto Racing Examples Can Help Entrepreneurs Succeed
Water Testing, Legislative Lobbying Upcoming Activities
January 27: Advocacy Training, 6pm-8pm
Memorial Student Center, Marshall University – One John Marshall Drive, Huntington
Understand the legislative process. Get tips on speaking with elected officials. Learn about progressive organizations and issues in West Virginia. Free training, all are welcome. Food & beverages served. Sponsored by: American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) WV; WV Citizen Action Group (CAG); Direct Action Welfare Group (DAWG); Fairness WV; Healthy Kids & Families Coalition; National Association of Social Workers (NASW) WV; Planned Parenthood; WV Coalition Against Domestic Violence; WV Environmental Council (WVEC) and WV FREE. For more information: NASW, firstname.lastname@example.org or 304 345-6279
January 28: Press conference, noon
Fountain side of the state capitol
Regenerate West Virginia PAC is hosting a press conference at the capitol to release the results of its survey of state legislators about the chemical spill and water crisis. Find out more about what your legislators really plan to do to address the crisis and hold them accountable.
February 22: Rainwater Harvesting and Water Solutions Workshop, 10am-4pm
Rock Lake Community Life Center, South Charleston, WVA free & full day on the basic ins and outs of Rainwater Harvesting and other water solutions. In addition to in-person presentations and some in person hands-on, this will feature students of renowned water harvesting expert Brad Lancaster live and presenting via Skype and answering questions. More info here