- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- World's Most Heart Breaking Parking Lot May Have Future for Skate Boarding
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
Water Testing, Legislative Lobbying Upcoming Activities
January 27: Advocacy Training, 6pm-8pm
Memorial Student Center, Marshall University – One John Marshall Drive, Huntington
Understand the legislative process. Get tips on speaking with elected officials. Learn about progressive organizations and issues in West Virginia. Free training, all are welcome. Food & beverages served. Sponsored by: American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) WV; WV Citizen Action Group (CAG); Direct Action Welfare Group (DAWG); Fairness WV; Healthy Kids & Families Coalition; National Association of Social Workers (NASW) WV; Planned Parenthood; WV Coalition Against Domestic Violence; WV Environmental Council (WVEC) and WV FREE. For more information: NASW, email@example.com or 304 345-6279
January 28: Press conference, noon
Fountain side of the state capitol
Regenerate West Virginia PAC is hosting a press conference at the capitol to release the results of its survey of state legislators about the chemical spill and water crisis. Find out more about what your legislators really plan to do to address the crisis and hold them accountable.
February 22: Rainwater Harvesting and Water Solutions Workshop, 10am-4pm
Rock Lake Community Life Center, South Charleston, WVA free & full day on the basic ins and outs of Rainwater Harvesting and other water solutions. In addition to in-person presentations and some in person hands-on, this will feature students of renowned water harvesting expert Brad Lancaster live and presenting via Skype and answering questions. More info here