- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- Thundering Herd IMG Network to Air 10 Baseball Broadcasts
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: US and Venezuela: Don’t fan the flames, put out the fire
- Labor Hall of Fame Inductees
Water Testing, Legislative Lobbying Upcoming Activities
January 27: Advocacy Training, 6pm-8pm
Memorial Student Center, Marshall University – One John Marshall Drive, Huntington
Understand the legislative process. Get tips on speaking with elected officials. Learn about progressive organizations and issues in West Virginia. Free training, all are welcome. Food & beverages served. Sponsored by: American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) WV; WV Citizen Action Group (CAG); Direct Action Welfare Group (DAWG); Fairness WV; Healthy Kids & Families Coalition; National Association of Social Workers (NASW) WV; Planned Parenthood; WV Coalition Against Domestic Violence; WV Environmental Council (WVEC) and WV FREE. For more information: NASW, email@example.com or 304 345-6279
January 28: Press conference, noon
Fountain side of the state capitol
Regenerate West Virginia PAC is hosting a press conference at the capitol to release the results of its survey of state legislators about the chemical spill and water crisis. Find out more about what your legislators really plan to do to address the crisis and hold them accountable.
February 22: Rainwater Harvesting and Water Solutions Workshop, 10am-4pm
Rock Lake Community Life Center, South Charleston, WVA free & full day on the basic ins and outs of Rainwater Harvesting and other water solutions. In addition to in-person presentations and some in person hands-on, this will feature students of renowned water harvesting expert Brad Lancaster live and presenting via Skype and answering questions. More info here