- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Move to Highest Level Since Beginning of May
FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Move Lower for 2nd Consecutive Week
"Mortgage rates were flat to down a little this week amid reports that inflation remains subdued," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "The Consumer Price Index was up to 0.3 percent in December after being unchanged in November. For the year as a whole, consumer prices rose just 1.5 percent in 2013."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.39 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending January 23, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.41 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.42 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.44 percent with an average 0.7 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.45 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.71 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.15 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.10 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.67 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.54 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.56 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.57 percent.