- After Demolition of Huntington Pilot Plant, U 235 and U 238 Contamination Deemed Low; Baseline Soil in Ohio River Basin High in Nickel Contamination Then
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Scammers are hacking into personal emails and placing false advertisements to ruin housing rentals for families
- Burris, Hale, Marsteller and Smith to join College of Business Hall of Fame
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leadership Blindspots': Management Consultant Shows How Executives Can Identify, Overcome Weaknesses That Matter
- "Noah:" Let's Separate Church and Cinema Versus....
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- "God is not Dead" Weaves Many Stories of Faith
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Move Lower for 2nd Consecutive Week
"Mortgage rates were flat to down a little this week amid reports that inflation remains subdued," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "The Consumer Price Index was up to 0.3 percent in December after being unchanged in November. For the year as a whole, consumer prices rose just 1.5 percent in 2013."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.39 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending January 23, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.41 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.42 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.44 percent with an average 0.7 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.45 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.71 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.15 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.10 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.67 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.54 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.56 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.57 percent.