- Sheetz Development Narrowly Passes Planning Commission
- 70 Years of Atomic Bombs: Can We Disarm Yet?
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- CFPB Spotlights Concerns with Medical Debt Collection and Reporting; CFPB to Require Credit Reporting Agencies to Regularly Report on Consumer Disputes
- OP-ED: The $7 Million University President
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
- CFPB Report Finds Continued Decline in College Credit Card Agreements; Most Colleges with Credit Card Agreements Do Not Make Them Easily Accessible to Students
- REVIEW: "Theory" Imspires not Giving Up and Necessity of More than just You
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
Prayer Vigil Saturday for Homicide Victim
VFW Post 9738, The Marshall Rugby Team, and A to Z Rental will provide warmth, free coffee and hot chocolate in the VFW ballroom.
Huntington Mayor Steve Williams will tentatively be in attendance, Simmons said. Simmons plans to introduce Diane Bess' mom and family , then, present her with a bouquet of flowers which she will carry during the march. "When we reach our destination at the VFW field, she will be escorted across the street to her daughter's residence by the VFW commander and other leaders as she places flowers on Diane's doorstep," Simmons said.
The HHS Jr. ROTC will lead the march. VFW 9738 will deliver the tolling of the bell and play taps on the rooftop of their building. During staging the song LEAN ON ME will be played to represent Community Unity. Pastor, Musician, and Children's Book Author David Kitchen of New Birth Church in Barboursville will reside over the service
At this time the Huntington Police Department still seeks information on the woman's death. Her body was found near a road in Salt Rock , after disappearing on Christmas Eve. Phone HPD at 304-696-4444 if you can help provide information on the case.