- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Huntington Police Arrest Four Involved in Heroin Investigation
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Justice Department Settles with Salt Lake City-Area Apartment Complexes to Resolve Allegations of Discrimination Against Individuals with Disabilities
- Marshall University’s Department of Communication Disorders to honor former faculty member for $100K contribution
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Florida Woman Sentenced to Prison for Acting as an Illegal Agent of a Foreign Government and Conspiring to Commit Money Laundering
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
Prayer Vigil Saturday for Homicide Victim
VFW Post 9738, The Marshall Rugby Team, and A to Z Rental will provide warmth, free coffee and hot chocolate in the VFW ballroom.
Huntington Mayor Steve Williams will tentatively be in attendance, Simmons said. Simmons plans to introduce Diane Bess' mom and family , then, present her with a bouquet of flowers which she will carry during the march. "When we reach our destination at the VFW field, she will be escorted across the street to her daughter's residence by the VFW commander and other leaders as she places flowers on Diane's doorstep," Simmons said.
The HHS Jr. ROTC will lead the march. VFW 9738 will deliver the tolling of the bell and play taps on the rooftop of their building. During staging the song LEAN ON ME will be played to represent Community Unity. Pastor, Musician, and Children's Book Author David Kitchen of New Birth Church in Barboursville will reside over the service
At this time the Huntington Police Department still seeks information on the woman's death. Her body was found near a road in Salt Rock , after disappearing on Christmas Eve. Phone HPD at 304-696-4444 if you can help provide information on the case.