- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Florida Residents Visit Monster Chair
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Firefighters Battle Flames on Johnstown Road
- Huntington Frames a Freedom from Addiction this Independence Day
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- Fourth of July Celebration at Camden Park
- Johnson, Hammers Recognized at White House for Combatting Drugs
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Blocks of Adams Avenue, 16th Street, 17th Street and 18th Street West in Huntington
Marshall president to speak at PROMISE Scholarship Forum Jan. 28
The event is cosponsored by Generation Charleston, a committee of the Charleston Area Alliance, and Generation West Virginia, and will be moderated by Senate Education Chair Robert Plymale.
Marshall financial aid officials say that 1,843 university students are receiving PROMISE scholarships in the current financial aid year.
Other members of the panel include the keynote speaker, former West Virginia Gov. Bob Wise; Dr. Paul Hill, chancellor of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission; Lloyd Jackson, member of the West Virginia Board of Education; Lizzy Margolin, former PROMISE Scholarship recipient; and Kristen Pennington, chair of the West Virginia University Student Advocates for Legislative Advancement.
Organizers say the forum is free of charge to attend and open to the public. All are encouraged to register through the "Attend an Event" section (under "Programs and Events") of the Charleston Area Alliance's website at www.charlestonareaalliance.org.
For further information on the forum, persons may contact the Charleston Area Alliance at 304-340-4253.