- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- WV Attorney General Sues over Obamacare
- Huntington Skateboard Park Exceeds Fund Raising Goals, Phase I Open by December 31
- Water Damage Severe inside Morris Building Apartment
- Huntington Council Passes Highlawn Zoning, Clears Charter Votes for Second Reading
- Former Morris Occupant Reveals “in the Kitchen You Can See the Sky…”
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 13 State Attorneys General Obtain About $92 Million in Debt Relief for Servicemembers Harmed by Predatory Lending Scheme
Marshall president to speak at PROMISE Scholarship Forum Jan. 28
The event is cosponsored by Generation Charleston, a committee of the Charleston Area Alliance, and Generation West Virginia, and will be moderated by Senate Education Chair Robert Plymale.
Marshall financial aid officials say that 1,843 university students are receiving PROMISE scholarships in the current financial aid year.
Other members of the panel include the keynote speaker, former West Virginia Gov. Bob Wise; Dr. Paul Hill, chancellor of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission; Lloyd Jackson, member of the West Virginia Board of Education; Lizzy Margolin, former PROMISE Scholarship recipient; and Kristen Pennington, chair of the West Virginia University Student Advocates for Legislative Advancement.
Organizers say the forum is free of charge to attend and open to the public. All are encouraged to register through the "Attend an Event" section (under "Programs and Events") of the Charleston Area Alliance's website at www.charlestonareaalliance.org.
For further information on the forum, persons may contact the Charleston Area Alliance at 304-340-4253.