- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Medical resident to receive national research award for pediatrics work
- Walk with the Mayor Begins, Highlawn Next
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Miller Named Vice President of Bank
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Belle, Beast and Chorus Visit Marquee Pullman IMAGES
Marshall president to speak at PROMISE Scholarship Forum Jan. 28
The event is cosponsored by Generation Charleston, a committee of the Charleston Area Alliance, and Generation West Virginia, and will be moderated by Senate Education Chair Robert Plymale.
Marshall financial aid officials say that 1,843 university students are receiving PROMISE scholarships in the current financial aid year.
Other members of the panel include the keynote speaker, former West Virginia Gov. Bob Wise; Dr. Paul Hill, chancellor of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission; Lloyd Jackson, member of the West Virginia Board of Education; Lizzy Margolin, former PROMISE Scholarship recipient; and Kristen Pennington, chair of the West Virginia University Student Advocates for Legislative Advancement.
Organizers say the forum is free of charge to attend and open to the public. All are encouraged to register through the "Attend an Event" section (under "Programs and Events") of the Charleston Area Alliance's website at www.charlestonareaalliance.org.
For further information on the forum, persons may contact the Charleston Area Alliance at 304-340-4253.