- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Death Watch' : American Terrorist Goes to Extremes to Avenge a Wrong
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: 2015 Begins with Urgency to Save the Caribbean from Climate Change
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
Marshall president to speak at PROMISE Scholarship Forum Jan. 28
The event is cosponsored by Generation Charleston, a committee of the Charleston Area Alliance, and Generation West Virginia, and will be moderated by Senate Education Chair Robert Plymale.
Marshall financial aid officials say that 1,843 university students are receiving PROMISE scholarships in the current financial aid year.
Other members of the panel include the keynote speaker, former West Virginia Gov. Bob Wise; Dr. Paul Hill, chancellor of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission; Lloyd Jackson, member of the West Virginia Board of Education; Lizzy Margolin, former PROMISE Scholarship recipient; and Kristen Pennington, chair of the West Virginia University Student Advocates for Legislative Advancement.
Organizers say the forum is free of charge to attend and open to the public. All are encouraged to register through the "Attend an Event" section (under "Programs and Events") of the Charleston Area Alliance's website at www.charlestonareaalliance.org.
For further information on the forum, persons may contact the Charleston Area Alliance at 304-340-4253.