- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- Huntington Area Responders Work Together to Contain Blaze in City Landmark
- NASCAR: Jeff Gordon wins record fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indy
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Lucky Us': Amy Bloom Hits a Home Run with a Funny Novel of Life in 1940's America -- With a Peek at Post-War Britain
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
- OP-ED: Some Thoughts on Provocation
- DEVELOPING: Morris Building Fire Caused Elevator Shaft Collapse
NASCAR: Countdown to Daytona: Number: 28
28: The number of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points race starts for Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Daytona International Speedway. An accomplished restrictor-plate racer, Earnhardt has 16 top-10 finishes to his credit at the 2.5-mile superspeedway. He won his first Sprint Cup race at Daytona in July 2001, less than five months after his father, seven-time champion Dale Earnhardt, lost his life in a last-lap crash in the Daytona 500. Earnhardt Jr. added a Daytona 500 win of his own in 2004, driving for family-founded Dale Earnhardt Inc.