- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- BOOK NOTES: Book Signing Saturday Features Authors of 'Pretty Little Killers'
NASCAR: Countdown to Daytona: Number: 28
28: The number of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series points race starts for Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Daytona International Speedway. An accomplished restrictor-plate racer, Earnhardt has 16 top-10 finishes to his credit at the 2.5-mile superspeedway. He won his first Sprint Cup race at Daytona in July 2001, less than five months after his father, seven-time champion Dale Earnhardt, lost his life in a last-lap crash in the Daytona 500. Earnhardt Jr. added a Daytona 500 win of his own in 2004, driving for family-founded Dale Earnhardt Inc.