- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- Former Bank Vice President Made More than $1.4 Million in Bad Loans
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Hits Highest Level Since Nov. 2005
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Grand opening of Visual Arts Center slated for Sept. 18-19
Friends of the Library Book Sale cooks up a deal with Tri-State Literacy Council Bake Sale
Purchase something from the Tri-State Literacy Council Bake Sale on Thursday, Feb. 6 and receive a $1 off coupon for the book sale from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The bake sale will offer a wide variety of treats for any palate. All proceeds of the bake sale benefit local adult learners and volunteer tutors working on literacy goals.
The Friends of the Library Book Sale runs from Thursday, Feb. 6, to Saturday, Feb. 8, at Cabell County Public Library, 455 9th Street, Huntington. Book sale and bake sale hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday, and the Friends book sale continues 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday and Saturday.
The Friends of the Library Book Sale offers gently used books of all types at great bargain prices. The sale includes children’s books, history, regional literature, crafts, cookbooks, art, music, biography, fiction, non-fiction and much more. DVDs, CDs, audio books, videos, recordings, and magazines will also be for sale. The Friends also will offer a collector’s table with some interesting book offerings.
The annual bag sale, Saturday, Feb. 8, allows patrons and members of the public to fill a bag of books for $2. All proceeds from the book sale expand and enrich services offered by Cabell County Public Library.
Most recently, the Friends’ Board approved the purchase of a digital system for faster microfilm research and print output.
Members of the public are encouraged to join the Friends of the Library for an annual donation of $5 or more.
Call Cabell County Public Library Main at (304) 528-5700, or log on to the library website at www.cabell.lib.wv.us, for more information on the book sale, bake sale or joining the Friends.