- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- Hayes, Littlepage Honored for Contributions to 'Grass Roots' Huntington Art Walk
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Lady Who Cried Murder': Sixth Entry in Lauren Carr's Mac Faraday Mysteries Takes on Bullies, Corrupt Politicians, Reality Stars
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Moody's Raises Huntington Bond Rating
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Kyle Patton HPD Officer of the Year
- NAHB: Study Reveals Key Differences in Home Preferences Based on Race or Ethnicity
Friends of the Library Book Sale cooks up a deal with Tri-State Literacy Council Bake Sale
Purchase something from the Tri-State Literacy Council Bake Sale on Thursday, Feb. 6 and receive a $1 off coupon for the book sale from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The bake sale will offer a wide variety of treats for any palate. All proceeds of the bake sale benefit local adult learners and volunteer tutors working on literacy goals.
The Friends of the Library Book Sale runs from Thursday, Feb. 6, to Saturday, Feb. 8, at Cabell County Public Library, 455 9th Street, Huntington. Book sale and bake sale hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday, and the Friends book sale continues 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday and Saturday.
The Friends of the Library Book Sale offers gently used books of all types at great bargain prices. The sale includes children’s books, history, regional literature, crafts, cookbooks, art, music, biography, fiction, non-fiction and much more. DVDs, CDs, audio books, videos, recordings, and magazines will also be for sale. The Friends also will offer a collector’s table with some interesting book offerings.
The annual bag sale, Saturday, Feb. 8, allows patrons and members of the public to fill a bag of books for $2. All proceeds from the book sale expand and enrich services offered by Cabell County Public Library.
Most recently, the Friends’ Board approved the purchase of a digital system for faster microfilm research and print output.
Members of the public are encouraged to join the Friends of the Library for an annual donation of $5 or more.
Call Cabell County Public Library Main at (304) 528-5700, or log on to the library website at www.cabell.lib.wv.us, for more information on the book sale, bake sale or joining the Friends.