- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
Honoring Waters Slates Thursday Events
8:45AM Charleston Civic Center. Governor Tomblin speaks at the WV Coal Association Symposium on Thursday. Friends of Water said they are "sure some of the discussion will be about water... make sure the voices of people are heard that clean, safe water is a human right for ALL people and that our state government is failing to enforce laws to guarantee that right."
10:45-Upper Rotunda of the State Capital to tell lawmakers that they need to do more to safeguard the essential element of life-WATER. The legislature needs to make sure that they pass a strong bill that is backed up by strong enforcement and do not try to sweep facts under the rug.
12:15PM- Governor's Reception room to help deliver a citizens petition from the CARE (Citizens Action for Real Enforcement) campaign. The petition has been signed by thousands of people from WV as well as tens of thousands of people around the USA. Tell the Governor that HE is responsible for making sure that the WV Department of Environmental Protection safeguard people's health and well being. The CARE petition focuses on the mining program of WVDEP, but the water crisis has shown that we are ALL in the same boat when it comes to a lack of accountability by WVDEP.