- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- Honeywell, NRC Dispute Report of College Students Operating Nuclear Plant; HNN Sources Allege Book Trained Replacement Workers Operated Plant
- City Hall Trick or Treat
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Not only cricket but West Indian self-worth at stake
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- Huntington Judge Added to Dancing with Pros
- BOOK NOTES: 'The 52 New Foods Challenge': Make Healthy Eating into a Family Game
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
Honoring Waters Slates Thursday Events
8:45AM Charleston Civic Center. Governor Tomblin speaks at the WV Coal Association Symposium on Thursday. Friends of Water said they are "sure some of the discussion will be about water... make sure the voices of people are heard that clean, safe water is a human right for ALL people and that our state government is failing to enforce laws to guarantee that right."
10:45-Upper Rotunda of the State Capital to tell lawmakers that they need to do more to safeguard the essential element of life-WATER. The legislature needs to make sure that they pass a strong bill that is backed up by strong enforcement and do not try to sweep facts under the rug.
12:15PM- Governor's Reception room to help deliver a citizens petition from the CARE (Citizens Action for Real Enforcement) campaign. The petition has been signed by thousands of people from WV as well as tens of thousands of people around the USA. Tell the Governor that HE is responsible for making sure that the WV Department of Environmental Protection safeguard people's health and well being. The CARE petition focuses on the mining program of WVDEP, but the water crisis has shown that we are ALL in the same boat when it comes to a lack of accountability by WVDEP.