- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- IMAGES: Midland Tops H.H.S. 31-26
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- Three Arrestees Now Face Wanton Endangerment Charges for Whiskey Rocks Shooting Spree
- United Way Fall Campaign to kick off Sept. 22 on Marshall University’s Huntington campus
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Former Secretary of State, Congressman Ken Hechler Turns 100 Years Old September 20
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
Top U.S. Moving Destinations
Ideally located on Florida’s Gulf Coast, Sarasota is always a popular choice. Home to Siesta Key Beach it offers fine white sands and calm blue waters. It is the perfect place to enjoy a whole range of activities from boat rides, to eco tours and some of the best restaurants to enjoy world class food. Median housing value: $227,000 according to property specialist Area Vibes.
Seattle may not be so warm and sunny but it can offer residents a little bit of everything. With gorgeous mountain views, mild temperatures and the excellent Pike Place Market, there is much to see and do here. Homes sell for a median price of around $456,200 (Areavibes). Those who have cash to splash might want to live here ‘Sleepless in Seattle’ style on one of the luxurious and expensive houseboats.
Denver offers the perfect blend of big city living and majestical mountains. Just a short drive from the Rocky Mountains, this mile high city is a magnet for those who want to work hard and play harder. It is the perfect choice for lovers of the outdoors with skiing and snowboarding in the winter and mountain biking and hiking in the summer. The weather tends to be mild and there is always plenty to see and do. Despite all these plus points, Denver remains an affordable place to live with median house prices at $240,900
If your main draw is hot, sunny weather then look no further, Phoenix is for you! With an average temperature of 70 degrees in February you can be assured that rainfall is pretty scarce all year round. Summer days can see temperatures well into the 100s and evenings are just made for dining under the stars. Residents can enjoy a wide range of activities such as kayaking, hiking and mountain biking throughout the spring and winter months. Median house price is a very reasonable $221,800.
Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
Great job opportunities and reasonable house prices have seen Dallas-Fort Worth seen more than its fair share of new residents. Pleasant weather, Texas style fun, low cost of living and a great range of entertainment and nightlife has attracted more and more residents to the area. Median house prices are a super attractive low at $129,800 according to Area Vibes
Atlanta proved to be the country’s most popular place to move to for several years running. The city has a rich and diverse community with many cultural attractions. Residents can expect to enjoy all the perks of big cities such as Chicago and New York without having to endure sub-freezing temperatures. Atlanta has a thriving cultural scene and a superb choice of acclaimed restaurants as well as being home to the world’s largest aquarium. Despite being such an ‘in demand’ destination, Atlanta homes remain affordable with a median price of $231,800.
Have you relocated within the U.S. recently or know someone who has? Let us know about your experience and why you chose to move, we’d love to hear your story.
David Wilson is a travel writer discovering the best places to live across the U.S.