- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- DEVELOPING... Snowfall Continues, Road Closings Reported
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
- UPDATED: Thousands still without Power in Cabell, WV
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cuba: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
Huntington Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty
Upon arrival in Huntington, Jones gave the heroin to his girlfriend. Before getting into a taxi at the bus station, Jones directed her to hide the heroin inside her body. Instead of following his direction, Jones’ girlfriend placed the heroin under the seat of the taxi. Shortly after leaving the bus station, members of the Huntington Police Department stopped the taxi and seized the heroin.
As part of his plea agreement, Jones admitted that he participated in trafficking 528 grams of heroin to Huntington for resale. Jones, who is scheduled to be sentenced on April 28, 2014, faces up to 40 years imprisonment and a $1 million to $5 million fine.
Assistant United States Attorney Greg McVey handled the prosecution. This case is being prosecuted as part of an ongoing effort led by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of West Virginia to combat the illicit sale and misuse of prescription drugs. The U.S. Attorney’s Office, joined by federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, is committed to aggressively pursuing and shutting down illegal pill trafficking, eliminating open air drug markets, and curtailing the spread of opiate painkillers in communities across the Southern District.