- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- Hayes, Littlepage Honored for Contributions to 'Grass Roots' Huntington Art Walk
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 11, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Lady Who Cried Murder': Sixth Entry in Lauren Carr's Mac Faraday Mysteries Takes on Bullies, Corrupt Politicians, Reality Stars
- Ohio Attorney General DeWine Announces Settlement in Drug Pricing Lawsuit
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Kyle Patton HPD Officer of the Year
Huntington Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty
Upon arrival in Huntington, Jones gave the heroin to his girlfriend. Before getting into a taxi at the bus station, Jones directed her to hide the heroin inside her body. Instead of following his direction, Jones’ girlfriend placed the heroin under the seat of the taxi. Shortly after leaving the bus station, members of the Huntington Police Department stopped the taxi and seized the heroin.
As part of his plea agreement, Jones admitted that he participated in trafficking 528 grams of heroin to Huntington for resale. Jones, who is scheduled to be sentenced on April 28, 2014, faces up to 40 years imprisonment and a $1 million to $5 million fine.
Assistant United States Attorney Greg McVey handled the prosecution. This case is being prosecuted as part of an ongoing effort led by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of West Virginia to combat the illicit sale and misuse of prescription drugs. The U.S. Attorney’s Office, joined by federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, is committed to aggressively pursuing and shutting down illegal pill trafficking, eliminating open air drug markets, and curtailing the spread of opiate painkillers in communities across the Southern District.