- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 31, 2014
- Former Prison Employee Appears in Federal Court for Sexual Abuse of Inmate
- Thieves Steal Huntington Veteran's Wheel Chair
- Perry's Honored; Artisan Cafe to Open
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Commonwealth Business Council is Dead: Will a Bankable Entity Arise?
- Santana Coming to Games at Pullman Square for Art Walk
- USDA Announces Additional Food Safety Requirements, New Inspection System for Poultry Products
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey Pledges To Keep Fighting For Coal Miners, Their Families At Rally To Support American Energy
Success by Six on Saturday
Sponsors include the Hoops Family Children’s Hospital at Cabell Huntington Hospital, The Herald-Dispatch, TCR-FM 103.3 and KEE 100. The Hoops Family Children’s Hospital at Cabell Huntington Hospital will provide healthy snacks.
Local organizations will also provide activities for young children and resources for parents and caregivers about the “12 Tips for Raising a Healthy Child.” The event will also include door prizes and other giveaways.
Some exhibitors include Right from the Start, Marshall Early Childhood Club, Tri-State Literacy Council, Cabell-Wayne Association of the Blind, Cabell and Wayne county school systems, YMCA, Cabell-Huntington Health Department, Cabell Huntington Hospital and St. Mary’s Medical Center. Child care centers and many other businesses and organizations that work with children and families will also be in attendance. Exhibitor space is still available.
“This is so much fun for the families that attend,” said Lena Burdette, Success By 6® coordinator. “The children enjoy all the activities, and the parents are able to receive information about different services available. We are so pleased that we can host this free, fun event for area families. Many of our attendees come back every year.”
This event will also offer Imagination Library registration. The Imagination Library, a program founded by Dolly Parton, mails a free age-appropriate book per month to children from birth to up to their fifth birthdays. Only Cabell County residents are eligible.
Activities include hands on fun and games, literacy-based fun and a variety of art and crafts.
Success By 6®seeks to ensure that all children are ready physically, mentally, developmentally, emotionally and socially to begin kindergarten.
For more information about the Super Kids, Super Families, Super Saturday event or to register as an exhibitor, contact Lena Burdette at 304-523-8929, ext. 102, or firstname.lastname@example.org.