- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- West Virginia Trout Stocking Week of March 9-13, 2015
- Conference USA Moves Marshall-WKU Game to Friday for National TV
- DEVELOPING: HNN Contributing Editor David Kinchen Passes Away
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Old Times are not forgotten in the South
- Bunny Bombshell Appears as Valkyrie
- National Geographic Channel's Late-Night Talk Show Startalk Hosted by Neil Degrasse Tyson to Premiere Monday, April 20, at 11 PM ET/10 PM CT
- Herd Sets Four Summer Basketball Camps
- NASCAR: Denny Hamlin holds off Brad Keselowski for Martinsville Sprint Cup win
- Greenbrier Hosting Intra-Squad Scrimmages for Marshall, WVU
How to Leverage Google+ for Successful SEO
All this adds up to one simple fact: this new SEO landscape has near limitless potential. Here are just a few tips to take advantage of Google+ for optimization purposes.
As any modern advertiser knows, there are three pillars of digital marketing: search, social and content. On the content end of things, pithy blog posts alone are not enough to maximize SEO potential. Experts recommend embedding as many links as is pertinent to the post. Google+ allows for as many links as the author so chooses, and they up the chances of the blog post being shared, thus increasing its chance of going viral.
Optimize Title Tags
With Google+, the importance of that very first sentence has never been more immediate. The first sentence will become the tag, meaning it is what will be displayed in search results, and the data suggest there is a direct line between solid title tags and high search rankings. A catchy title with optimized keywords will pay dividends for marketers and bloggers down the line.
Part of using Google+ involves connecting with those who influence a user’s particular industry. To this end, the site offers 17 triggers designed to bring people together. Commenting on posts, sharing posts, mentioning a person in a post, tagging photos, adding people to circles and starting conversations are all ways to trigger notifications and maximize exposure. Having said that, marketers should always recognize where the line between connecting and stalking is, and avoid spamminess completely.
One of the newer tools no marketer or blogger on this platform should be without is CircleCount. It’s a clear way of bringing crucial data front and center by displaying follower growth, the popularity of a blogger’s posts and even Google+ profile rank. It’s one of the most effective ways to track metrics on this particular platform.
Google+ comes with more advanced text editing features than Twitter and Facebook for a reason – they come in handy in a pinch. If a blogger or marketer is lucky enough to have a post go viral, he or she will want to ensure the info therein is still evergreen since when it was first published. Folks should periodically check in on their old posts to ensure they are still “shareable,” and they can use the site’s editing capabilities to adjust and tweak the content as is necessary.
More than any of the tips above, the most important thing is to be an early adopter of this revolutionary new SEO tool. According to statistics, only about 1 in 4 people are using Google+ every month, and that number is increasing at a geometric rate. At the moment it is only the most savvy of marketers on this platform. It’s best to join their ranks sooner rather than later.
Jason Bayless is a professional blogger that gives small business and entrepreneurs SEO advice. He writes for BestSEOCompanies.com, a nationally recognized comparison website of the best SEO companies in the United States.