- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Sir Ronald Sanders Awarded Honorary Doctorate by University of The West Indies
- 2014 Furbearer Trapping Seasons to Open Nov. 1
- Coast Guardsman teaches water rescue to Cub Scouts in South Texas
- "Ouija" Startles, But no Shrieks or Shocks Here
- Skate Park Construction Underway
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 24, 2014
- Marshall’s Holliday Named to Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Watch List
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
Marshall Recreation Center to celebrate 5th anniversary
All members that attend the celebration will receive water bottles, Chapsticks and other goodies. Those who have been members since the Rec Grand Opening in 2009 will receive gym bags. T-shirts also be given out randomly throughout the day.
A special reception, which is open to the public, will be held in the Rec Center lobby for cake, coffee and snacks at 12:30 p.m. All fitness classes are free and open the entire day of the anniversary.
A full list of the class schedule is listed below. Campus Recreation also will be raffling off a 1-year membership along with other great prizes. The raffle will be held at the Welcome Desk and patrons and guests are encouraged to enter to win as they come in the building.
The Rec Center is encouraging members to document the celebration on social media using the hashtag #5YearsStrong.
Since opening in 2009, the Marshall Recreation Center has aided many students, employees and members of the community on the journey to live a more healthful lifestyle.
Spinning: 6:15-7 a.m.
Aqua Fitness: 9-10 a.m.
Intro to Yoga: 11-11:45 a.m. and Noon-1 p.m.
Spinning: Noon-12:45 p.m.
Intro to Weights: 3 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
Body Sculpt: 4:15-5 p.m.
Total Intensity: 5:15-6 p.m.
Spinning: 5:30-6:15 p.m.
Women's Workout: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
TRX Training: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Yoga Body Burn: 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Belly Dance Sculpt: 7:30-8 p.m.
Zumba: 8-9 p.m.
Boxing Body Beatdown: 9-10 p.m.
For more information on the Marshall University Recreation Center, visit http://www.marshallcampusrec.com/.