- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Fire Destroys Business, Apartment Building on 8th Street
- Heroin Claims Another Huntington Life
Marshall Recreation Center to celebrate 5th anniversary
All members that attend the celebration will receive water bottles, Chapsticks and other goodies. Those who have been members since the Rec Grand Opening in 2009 will receive gym bags. T-shirts also be given out randomly throughout the day.
A special reception, which is open to the public, will be held in the Rec Center lobby for cake, coffee and snacks at 12:30 p.m. All fitness classes are free and open the entire day of the anniversary.
A full list of the class schedule is listed below. Campus Recreation also will be raffling off a 1-year membership along with other great prizes. The raffle will be held at the Welcome Desk and patrons and guests are encouraged to enter to win as they come in the building.
The Rec Center is encouraging members to document the celebration on social media using the hashtag #5YearsStrong.
Since opening in 2009, the Marshall Recreation Center has aided many students, employees and members of the community on the journey to live a more healthful lifestyle.
Spinning: 6:15-7 a.m.
Aqua Fitness: 9-10 a.m.
Intro to Yoga: 11-11:45 a.m. and Noon-1 p.m.
Spinning: Noon-12:45 p.m.
Intro to Weights: 3 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
Body Sculpt: 4:15-5 p.m.
Total Intensity: 5:15-6 p.m.
Spinning: 5:30-6:15 p.m.
Women's Workout: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
TRX Training: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Yoga Body Burn: 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Belly Dance Sculpt: 7:30-8 p.m.
Zumba: 8-9 p.m.
Boxing Body Beatdown: 9-10 p.m.
For more information on the Marshall University Recreation Center, visit http://www.marshallcampusrec.com/.