- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Hunyington Police Arrest Male with Firearm on School Property
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Stories of Homelessness
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- U.S. Attorney's Office and DEA announce collection sites for DEA's National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Federal ACLU Suit Names Cabell County Clerk
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
Journalism school to welcome radio host Glynn Washington Tuesday, Feb. 4
"Snap Judgment" is a themed, weekly NPR storytelling show sponsored by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and distributed through NPR and Public Radio Exchange (PRX). According to the producers, Washington and the Snap Judgment team highlight "compelling personal stories - mixing real life with killer beats to produce cinematic, dramatic and kick-ass radio." The show's web page (http://www.snapjudgment.org) offers podcasts of the program and background on the stories' participants. It can be heard locally Sundays at 9 p.m. on West Virginia Public Radio, 89.9 FM in Huntington and 88.5 FM in Charleston.
Before creating "Snap Judgment," Washington says he worked as an educator, diplomat, community activist, actor, political strategist, fist-shaker, mountain-hollerer and foot stomper. He composed music for the Kunst Stoff dance performances in San Francisco, rocked live spoken word poetry in Detroit, joined a band in Indonesia, wrote several screenplays, painted a daring series of self portraits, released a blues album and thinks his stories are best served with cocktails.
Washington's appearance is part of the Marshall University Birke Fine Arts Festival, which is based on the theme, "Trending Now: Artists and Audiences in the Information Age." A list of festival events is available at www.bit.ly/2014BirkeFestival. All are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.