- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Two pill dealers sentenced to Federal prison for drug crimes
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- FLASHBACK: "Eyes Right," a Memorial Day Favorite
- Casting Call for Seductive Female for WV Music Video
- Marshall athletic training student receives 2016 NATA Foundation Scholarship
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
Journalism school to welcome radio host Glynn Washington Tuesday, Feb. 4
"Snap Judgment" is a themed, weekly NPR storytelling show sponsored by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and distributed through NPR and Public Radio Exchange (PRX). According to the producers, Washington and the Snap Judgment team highlight "compelling personal stories - mixing real life with killer beats to produce cinematic, dramatic and kick-ass radio." The show's web page (http://www.snapjudgment.org) offers podcasts of the program and background on the stories' participants. It can be heard locally Sundays at 9 p.m. on West Virginia Public Radio, 89.9 FM in Huntington and 88.5 FM in Charleston.
Before creating "Snap Judgment," Washington says he worked as an educator, diplomat, community activist, actor, political strategist, fist-shaker, mountain-hollerer and foot stomper. He composed music for the Kunst Stoff dance performances in San Francisco, rocked live spoken word poetry in Detroit, joined a band in Indonesia, wrote several screenplays, painted a daring series of self portraits, released a blues album and thinks his stories are best served with cocktails.
Washington's appearance is part of the Marshall University Birke Fine Arts Festival, which is based on the theme, "Trending Now: Artists and Audiences in the Information Age." A list of festival events is available at www.bit.ly/2014BirkeFestival. All are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.