- EMail Sent to Council by Caserta
- Huntington Council Votes to Remove Chairman
- RAW TRANSCRIPT: Former Chairman Received Conflicting Attorney Advice on Pay Out Authority
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- National Geographic to Debut Mostly WV Filmed "American Genius"
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
- Huntington City Attorney Salaries Went Up after Long Time Counsel Resigned
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- Help Feed Those in Need
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
Journalism school to welcome radio host Glynn Washington Tuesday, Feb. 4
"Snap Judgment" is a themed, weekly NPR storytelling show sponsored by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and distributed through NPR and Public Radio Exchange (PRX). According to the producers, Washington and the Snap Judgment team highlight "compelling personal stories - mixing real life with killer beats to produce cinematic, dramatic and kick-ass radio." The show's web page (http://www.snapjudgment.org) offers podcasts of the program and background on the stories' participants. It can be heard locally Sundays at 9 p.m. on West Virginia Public Radio, 89.9 FM in Huntington and 88.5 FM in Charleston.
Before creating "Snap Judgment," Washington says he worked as an educator, diplomat, community activist, actor, political strategist, fist-shaker, mountain-hollerer and foot stomper. He composed music for the Kunst Stoff dance performances in San Francisco, rocked live spoken word poetry in Detroit, joined a band in Indonesia, wrote several screenplays, painted a daring series of self portraits, released a blues album and thinks his stories are best served with cocktails.
Washington's appearance is part of the Marshall University Birke Fine Arts Festival, which is based on the theme, "Trending Now: Artists and Audiences in the Information Age." A list of festival events is available at www.bit.ly/2014BirkeFestival. All are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.