- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
- Twenty-Two Face Heroin Charges in Circleville, Pickaway County Drug Investigations
- BOOK REVIEW: 'White Girl Bleed a Lot': Color Blindness in Crime Reporting Misleads Everybody
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Ethel Merman, Mother Teresa…and Me': Enthralling Memoir of a Privileged Man Who Was Fortunate to be Enveloped by Unconditional Love
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 5, 2014
- Fundraiser Saturday for Guyandotte Family
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- FLASHBACK: Huntington’s Houdaille Plant Contained Radioactive Materials; Hundreds Allegedly Died of Lung Cancer
- Foster Care Awareness subject of event March 12
Songwriting with Walt: Behind-the-Scenes of Disney Classics
Robert B. Sherman brings his true story to light in his autobiography, “Moose: Chapters From My Life.” Sherman holds nothing back in the candid book, from the horrors he saw as a frontline liberator in World War II to his successful career alongside Walt Disney in the 1960s and beyond.
After Sherman’s death in 2012, his son, Robert J. Sherman, finished editing his father’s final words with the certainty they would inspire the same passion as his songs have for more than 40 years.
“I grew up immersed in the magic and creativity of my father’s bohemian world,” said Sherman, who is following his father’s footsteps as a successful songwriter. “This book gives readers the sincere, complete picture of the man who wrote the soundtrack to our childhoods.”
“Moose” is a collection of 54 chapters divided into seven sections. The different sections cover various parts of Sherman’s life, including his experience as one of the first liberators of the Dachau concentration camp and his triumphs working with Walt Disney in the last years of Disney’s life.
For more information, visit http://www.shermanmoose.com/.