- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Two pill dealers sentenced to Federal prison for drug crimes
- Marshall to offer ACT math camps this summer
- Detroit heroin dealer pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Virginia Commonwealth University to explore yoga’s effect on pregnancy depression
- Foreclosure Rates in Huntington-Ashland Decrease
- FIRST LOOK MOVIE: "Apocalypse" Arises and Claims a Top Rank Among Super Hero Films
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
‘Coffee with the Mayor’ returns to Marshall University this week
“The idea is to let all stakeholders at Marshall know that I am their mayor and that I am always approachable,” Williams said. “City Hall isn’t just a building at the corner of 5th Avenue and 8th Street. I want there to be a consistent presence of city government on campus.”
In addition to listening to concerns and answering questions, Williams said he has three main objectives with the sessions: Let students know that they are valued citizens in the city; show them that staying in Huntington after graduation is a viable option; and, if they have to leave upon graduation, help them develop a love for Huntington so strong that they can’t wait to return.
“I believe that holding ‘Coffee with the Mayor’ for a second consecutive year exemplifies the already strong partnership between Marshall University and the City of Huntington,” Marshall Student Body President EJ Hassan said. “The Student Government Association is very proud to be a part of this partnership, and we look forward to the opportunity of keeping students engaged with their city officials as well as student representatives.”
Future “Coffee with the Mayor” sessions will be conducted from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 6, April 3 and May 1. For more information, call Jordan Wooldridge, SGA chief of staff, at 304-696-2289.