- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Let's Round Up the "Johns" Too
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- OPINION: Hope Springs in Huntington on new Facebook Page
- Huntington Sanitary Board Prepares to Shut off Customer's Water for Unpaid Bills
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Marshall to host 3rd annual Sustainability Fair at Wild Ramp May 20
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- MU presents Donning of the Kente ceremony April 27
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Hillary Concentrates on Substance Abuse at Charleston Forum IMAGES
Felon Sentenced for Illegal Firearm Possession
Monday, February 3, 2014 - 17:23 Updated 3 years ago From a Release by U.S. Attorney's Office for Southern District of WV
On December 27, 2012, Hurricane Police Officers responded to a call that a man was using drugs in a parked car. The officers approached Elswick who was in the vehicle. Elswick fled from the officers and upon his arrest was found to be in possession of a loaded .32 caliber pistol. Elswick was prohibited from possessing a firearm due to a 2009 felony drug conviction. He had not had his right to possess a firearm restored.
This investigation was conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Hurricane Police Department. Special Assistant United States Attorney Sharon M. Frazier handled the prosecution.