- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
- Four Sentenced on Heroin Charges in Beckley
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
Felon Sentenced for Illegal Firearm Possession
Monday, February 3, 2014 - 17:23 Updated 37 weeks ago From a Release by U.S. Attorney's Office for Southern District of WV
On December 27, 2012, Hurricane Police Officers responded to a call that a man was using drugs in a parked car. The officers approached Elswick who was in the vehicle. Elswick fled from the officers and upon his arrest was found to be in possession of a loaded .32 caliber pistol. Elswick was prohibited from possessing a firearm due to a 2009 felony drug conviction. He had not had his right to possess a firearm restored.
This investigation was conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Hurricane Police Department. Special Assistant United States Attorney Sharon M. Frazier handled the prosecution.