- Detroit Man Arrested in SWAT Raid
- WV AFL-CIO President Perdue: July 1 is now Pay Cut Day
- Jabberwowcky Kicks off DAWG's Pullman Thursday Series
- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Mayor Steve Strolls Areas Surrounding Central City IMAGES
- Sticking Together, Surprising Stats; IMAGES Town Meeting Drug Abuse
- Fireworks Prohibited in Huntington
- Katie DeHart Entertains at Pullman
- Jewel City Jamming will Continue Next Year
Felon Sentenced for Illegal Firearm Possession
Monday, February 3, 2014 - 17:23 Updated 1 year ago From a Release by U.S. Attorney's Office for Southern District of WV
On December 27, 2012, Hurricane Police Officers responded to a call that a man was using drugs in a parked car. The officers approached Elswick who was in the vehicle. Elswick fled from the officers and upon his arrest was found to be in possession of a loaded .32 caliber pistol. Elswick was prohibited from possessing a firearm due to a 2009 felony drug conviction. He had not had his right to possess a firearm restored.
This investigation was conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Hurricane Police Department. Special Assistant United States Attorney Sharon M. Frazier handled the prosecution.