- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- Brockovich Protesting at US Supreme Court; Case Involves Water Contamination
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Intent to Distribute Heroin, Cocaine, Oxycodone
- Huntington Man Sentenced for Bar Shooting
Felon Sentenced for Illegal Firearm Possession
Monday, February 3, 2014 - 17:23 Updated 11 weeks ago From a Release by U.S. Attorney's Office for Southern District of WV
On December 27, 2012, Hurricane Police Officers responded to a call that a man was using drugs in a parked car. The officers approached Elswick who was in the vehicle. Elswick fled from the officers and upon his arrest was found to be in possession of a loaded .32 caliber pistol. Elswick was prohibited from possessing a firearm due to a 2009 felony drug conviction. He had not had his right to possess a firearm restored.
This investigation was conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Hurricane Police Department. Special Assistant United States Attorney Sharon M. Frazier handled the prosecution.