- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- Goebbel Named Marshall Tight Ends Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- Huntington Mayor's Budget Puts Possible Fee Increase Decisions on City Council's Plate
- OP-ED: Beyond Deterrence, Compassion
Poca Blending Has 100,000 gallons of Crude MCHM/PPD in Nitro near River
“This figure represents the MCHM/PPH blend that was removed from the three tanks after the incident (i.e. which was not released) and the residual released MCHM/PPH blend that was recovered and transferred to the Poca facility by Jan. 21,” Freedom’s response said. “The difference between the value from the morning of Jan. 9 and the value from Jan. 21 is 10,142 gallons. We therefore estimate that that approximately 10,000 gallons of MCHM/PPH blend was released the morning of Jan. 9.”
According to various reports, the company moved a little over 1,300 gallons of the chemical Tuesday.
CNN also reported Tuesday, Feb. 4, that its private inspectors found "traces" of the chemical released into the Elk River still present in at least two residences in Charleston, despite the flushing.
Freedom said it had 110,375 gallons of Crude MCHM/PPD blend in three tanks on Jan. 8 at its Elk River facility. After the release was discovered the following morning, Freedom said it began emptying the three tanks and recovering the released MCHM/PPH blend. All of the material was transferred to Freedom’s Poca Blending facility in Nitro
Freedom said it “measured” the MCHM/PPH blend that was being stored in six tanks at Poca Blending on Jan. 21 and determined there was 100,233 gallons in the six tanks.
- Poca Blending Inspection Reports (132.23 KB)