- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING.... "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
Poca Blending Has 100,000 gallons of Crude MCHM/PPD in Nitro near River
“This figure represents the MCHM/PPH blend that was removed from the three tanks after the incident (i.e. which was not released) and the residual released MCHM/PPH blend that was recovered and transferred to the Poca facility by Jan. 21,” Freedom’s response said. “The difference between the value from the morning of Jan. 9 and the value from Jan. 21 is 10,142 gallons. We therefore estimate that that approximately 10,000 gallons of MCHM/PPH blend was released the morning of Jan. 9.”
According to various reports, the company moved a little over 1,300 gallons of the chemical Tuesday.
CNN also reported Tuesday, Feb. 4, that its private inspectors found "traces" of the chemical released into the Elk River still present in at least two residences in Charleston, despite the flushing.
Freedom said it had 110,375 gallons of Crude MCHM/PPD blend in three tanks on Jan. 8 at its Elk River facility. After the release was discovered the following morning, Freedom said it began emptying the three tanks and recovering the released MCHM/PPH blend. All of the material was transferred to Freedom’s Poca Blending facility in Nitro
Freedom said it “measured” the MCHM/PPH blend that was being stored in six tanks at Poca Blending on Jan. 21 and determined there was 100,233 gallons in the six tanks.
- Poca Blending Inspection Reports (132.23 KB)