- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Finance Committee Hears Needed Improvements Coupled by Inadequate Revenues
- Fixing Slips Forced Priority for Huntington, Mayor Says
- April Rotary Park Hike Scheduled
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- WV Attorney General to Testify Before Senate Committee on Coal Fired Plants
- U.S.: New Home Sales Fall 1.6% in November
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Old Times are not forgotten in the South
Huntington Police Make West Huntington Cocaine Arrest
Arrested at the scene were the homeowner, James Meade, 53, who was charged with felony delivery of controlled substance with additional charges pending; and Francis Ross, 35, of Chesapeake, OH. She was charged with capias prostitution. Three additional individuals were issued citations for possession of drug paraphernalia.
Officers recovered a small amount of crack cocaine, prescription drugs, items used for the distribution of narcotics and six firearms, one of which was reported stolen.
Animal Control was notified to take possession of six pit bull puppies that were found to be neglected within the residence.
“Due to the deplorable living conditions found within the residence, HPD Code Enforcement will be notified for follow-up investigation, and a nuisance letter will be issued to the homeowner for corrective action,” Capt. Rocky Johnson said.