- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
HPD Warns of Possible Fund Raising Scam
"We have received a couple of phone calls inquiring whether the Huntington Police Department's K-9 Unit is using phone solicitations to raise funds. This press release is just a reminder to the public that neither our department, nor FOP Gold Star Lodge #65, uses phone solicitations as a means of raising funds," the release stated.
HPD continues, "These calls may be originating from a legitimate entity, but please take precautions to ensure it isn't a scam before making any donations. If you feel you are the victim of a crime, contact your local authorities to report the incident. An officer with Huntington Police Department can be reached by calling 304-696-4470 or 304-526-8585."