- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 20, 2014
- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- Southwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force Successful in First Year of Operation
- Detroit Man Arrested as River to Jail Moves Forward
- Mayor Greets Four Legged Friend at City Hall
HPD Warns of Possible Fund Raising Scam
"We have received a couple of phone calls inquiring whether the Huntington Police Department's K-9 Unit is using phone solicitations to raise funds. This press release is just a reminder to the public that neither our department, nor FOP Gold Star Lodge #65, uses phone solicitations as a means of raising funds," the release stated.
HPD continues, "These calls may be originating from a legitimate entity, but please take precautions to ensure it isn't a scam before making any donations. If you feel you are the victim of a crime, contact your local authorities to report the incident. An officer with Huntington Police Department can be reached by calling 304-696-4470 or 304-526-8585."