- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Ona Speedway Precision Pump & Valve Imagery
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 18, 2014
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program again ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- Marshall medical students provide treatment to more than a thousand Hondurans during international mission
- CSB Investigation Finds No Record of Inspections on Freedom Industries Chemical Storage Tanks
- Donna Underwood creates two scholarships to honor her late husband
- Huntington’s Council Charter Committee Adds Recommendation to Lengthen Executive Search Time from 60 to 120 Days
- FNC Index: Home Prices Pick Up Momentum
HPD Warns of Possible Fund Raising Scam
"We have received a couple of phone calls inquiring whether the Huntington Police Department's K-9 Unit is using phone solicitations to raise funds. This press release is just a reminder to the public that neither our department, nor FOP Gold Star Lodge #65, uses phone solicitations as a means of raising funds," the release stated.
HPD continues, "These calls may be originating from a legitimate entity, but please take precautions to ensure it isn't a scam before making any donations. If you feel you are the victim of a crime, contact your local authorities to report the incident. An officer with Huntington Police Department can be reached by calling 304-696-4470 or 304-526-8585."