- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 22, 2014
- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- Brockovich Protesting at US Supreme Court; Case Involves Water Contamination
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Intent to Distribute Heroin, Cocaine, Oxycodone
- Huntington Man Sentenced for Bar Shooting
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
HPD Warns of Possible Fund Raising Scam
"We have received a couple of phone calls inquiring whether the Huntington Police Department's K-9 Unit is using phone solicitations to raise funds. This press release is just a reminder to the public that neither our department, nor FOP Gold Star Lodge #65, uses phone solicitations as a means of raising funds," the release stated.
HPD continues, "These calls may be originating from a legitimate entity, but please take precautions to ensure it isn't a scam before making any donations. If you feel you are the victim of a crime, contact your local authorities to report the incident. An officer with Huntington Police Department can be reached by calling 304-696-4470 or 304-526-8585."