- IMAGES: Major March Snowfall, Power Outages Lead to State of Huntington Emergency
- DEVELOPING... Garbage Pickup in Progress; Warming Stations Open, Downed Trees Block Roads
- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 4, 2015
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATED: 17% still without Power in Cabell, WV
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
West Virginia American Water Expanding Credit for Small Business Customers
“To aid small business customers in this difficult time, we will offer a financial credit equivalent to 2,000 gallons calculated on the second tier block of our tariff rates,” said Jeff McIntyre, president of West Virginia American Water. “We will be providing this credit, which amounts to $20.58 per bill, to some 5,280 commercial customers. This credit not only recognizes the size of these commercial establishments but also their need for additional cleansing requirements.”
West Virginia American Water is working with the state Public Service Commission on both residential and commercials credits.
West Virginia American Water’s 1,000 gallon residential credit equates to approximately 10
days of normal water usage for the average residential customer. The maximum water flow
through a standard residential 5/8-inch meter is 20 gallons per minute. Flushing guidelines
provided by the company instructed customers to flush for a total of 25 minutes, which would
use, at most, 500 gallons.