- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- What a Coincidence --- Bar that Didn't Close Had Shooting Early Friday; Now Shut
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- BREAKING: Huntington Sanitary Board Considers Rate Increase Monday
- COMMENTARY: Ghost Ship Tragedy Recalls Learrning the Meaning of Off Record Until....
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- St. Joseph Invitational Basketball Tournament
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
WW II Vet Clayton Wilson Proclamation by Mayor Williams
Friday, February 7, 2014 - 03:12 Updated 2 years ago
WHEREAS: Clayton W. Wilson was born, raised, and spent the majority of his working career in Huntington WV; and
WHEREAS: Clayton W. Wilson, understanding the threat to our nation during World War II, enlisted in the Army Air Force on October 26, 1942 at the Cabell County Court House and was assigned to the 396th Fighter Squadron, 368th Fighter Group of the Ninth Air Force; and
WHEREAS: Clayton W. Wilson on D-Day, June 6th, 1944, was aboard a ship off the coast of Normandy during the initial landing waves while bombs and enemy fire exploded all around him and later landed and defeated the Germans to free the people of France; and
WHEREAS: Clayton W. Wilson was part of the first fighter group to fly a mission from French soil and later fought in Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge; and
WHEREAS: Clayton W. Wilson was, upon discharge from the Army Air Force on October 15, 1945, awarded the Presidential Distinguished Unit Citation, the Good Conduct Medal, the European African Middle Eastern Service Medal and six Bronze Stars; and
WHEREAS: Clayton W. Wilson has been recognized on this date, his 92nd birthday, by the French Government’s issuance of the Knight of the Legion of Honor medal for his efforts in saving their country during World War II.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, STEVE WILLIAMS, MAYOR OF THE CITY OF HUNTINGTON, CABELL AND WAYNE COUNTIES, do hereby proclaim the 6th day of February, 2014 to be Clayton W. Wilson Day in the City of Huntington and encourage all people, businesses, organizations and institutions to join in honoring this distinguished individual.
IN WITNESS THEREOF, I hereunto set my hand and cause the Great Seal of the City of Huntington to be affixed this sixth day of February in the year of Our Lord Two Thousand Fourteen.
Steve Williams, Mayor