- Huntington Has At Least Nine Heroin Overdose Deaths in January 2015
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- How Will a Good Ole' Boy Hollywood Treat Female 'Pleasures' in "Fifty Shades of Grey?'
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 20, 2015
MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Feb. 7, 2014
Snap-On, Kenosha, Wis., was awarded a $37,718,703 firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for aviation tool kits for maintenance services. Funding and work performance location will be determined with each order. Estimated completion date is Feb. 12, 2019. Bids were solicited via the Internet with four received. Army Contracting Command, Redstone Arsenal, Ala., is the contracting activity (W58RGZ-14-D-0052).
DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY
Federal Contracts Corp.*, Tampa, Fla., has been awarded a maximum $157,500,000 fixed-price with economic-price-adjustment contract for the procurement of commercial type environmental equipment. This contract is a competitive acquisition and 16 offers were received. This contract is one of up to nine contracts being issued against solicitation number SPM8EC-11-R-0006 and with requirements that specifically call for environmental equipment within the product line and will be competed amongst other contractors who receive a contract under this solicitation. This is a five-year base contract. Locations of performance are Florida and Iowa with a Feb. 6, 2019 performance completion date. Using military services are Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and federal civilian agencies. Type of appropriation is fiscal 2014 through fiscal 2019 defense working capital funds. The contracting activity is the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support, Philadelphia, Pa.; (SPE8EC-14-D-0010).
Gentex Corporation, Carbondale, Pa., has been awarded a maximum $14,580,000 firm-fixed-price contract for procurement of advanced combat helmets. This contract is a competitive acquisition and two offers were received. Location of performance is Pennsylvania with an Apr. 15, 2015 performance completion date. Using military services are Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps. Type of appropriation is fiscal 2014 defense working capital funds. The contracting activity is the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support, Philadelphia, Pa.; (SPE1C1-14-C-0004).
Navmar Applied Sciences Corp.*, Warminster, Pa., is being awarded a $12,500,411 cost-plus-fixed-fee contract for development of a Biometric Identity Approval Sentinel that produces technology that rapidly processes individuals for threat detection and biometric matching. This project will provide a fully integrated, highly accurate, configurable, and deployable solution that combines current and new technologies to dramatically increase the safety, speed, and efficiency of access control. Work will be performed in Patuxent River, Md., and is expected to be completed in February 2017. Fiscal 2013 research, development, test and evaluation, Navy funds in the amount of $3,000,000 will be obligated at time of award, all of which will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured via a Broad Agency Announcement. The Naval Air Warfare Center, Lakehurst, N.J., is the contracting activity (N68335-14-C-0023).