- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Potential Upscale Hotel Approved for Kinetic Park
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- Grand opening of Visual Arts Center slated for Sept. 18-19
- Miss West Virginia Competes in Miss America Pageant Tonight
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
Huntington Junior College Receives Five-Year Recertification and Leads the Nation in Court Reporting Programs.
Huntington Junior College is one of only 10 schools in the nation certified by the NCRA to be a Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) training provider, one of only 16 schools in the nation to be certified to teach Broadcast Captioning, one of only 17 schools in the nation to have a certified online program. They are among only 44 other certified schools in the nation that offer a complete day program as well.
“We are dedicated to excellence and this five-year recertification is just another example of that,” said Dr. Catherine Snoddy, president of Huntington Junior College.“We offer classes during the day and online to give students of all ages the skills to launch careers in professions for which there is a high demand.”
Huntington Junior College offers an Associate’s Degree in Realtime Reporting that prepares students for a high-tech, potentially well-paying profession in one of two specializations. The Judicial Reporting specialization prepares students for careers in the judicial setting as either officials or freelance court reporters. The Captioning/Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) specialization prepares students for careers providing captioning for broadcast television and Internet programs or providing instantaneous text translation in education, civic, and corporate settings for the deaf or hard-of-hearing population.
Forbes has named court reporting as one of the best career options that do not require a traditional four-year degree. In addition, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the court reporting field is expected to grow more than five percent in coming years.
Huntington Junior College, committed to ensuring student learning, validating student outcomes, and promoting academic excellence through a qualified and dedicated faculty, staff, and administration, is located in the historic former Cabell County Public Library at 900 Fifth Avenue in Huntington, W.Va.
To learn more about Huntington Junior College, visit www.huntingtonjuniorcollege.edu, facebook.com/HuntingtonJuniorCollege or call 304.697.7550.