- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Huntington Art Walk Resumes Thursday in Downtown; Author at Adell's Antiques
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: The US: Caribbean’s Friend or Unintentional Foe?
- Sen. Manchin Introduces Bill to Keep 150 WV Post Offices Open for Two Years
- CONSUMER ALERT: Jury Duty Phishing Scam; Verified by Snopes
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Risk Advantage': Sports and Auto Racing Examples Can Help Entrepreneurs Succeed
Huntington Water Treatment Plant Monitoring Coal Slurry Leak into Kanawha River
Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 15:11 Updated 5 weeks ago From WV American Water Release
We anticipate no impact to the Huntington water system due to river flow and dilution; however, we continue to work with state health officials and ORSANCO to monitor at points along the Ohio
River. We have been in contact with the West Virginia Bureau for Public Health, which concurs that they do not anticipate any impact to the Huntington plant on the Ohio River.