- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Ethel Merman, Mother Teresa…and Me': Enthralling Memoir of a Privileged Man Who Was Fortunate to be Enveloped by Unconditional Love
- Foster Care Awareness subject of event March 12
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Critical First Years of Your Professional Life': Comprehensive, Readable Book for College Graduates Seeking Their First Job
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- BOOK REVIEW: 'White Girl Bleed a Lot': Color Blindness in Crime Reporting Misleads Everybody
Huntington Water Treatment Plant Monitoring Coal Slurry Leak into Kanawha River
Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 15:11 Updated 2 weeks ago From WV American Water Release
We anticipate no impact to the Huntington water system due to river flow and dilution; however, we continue to work with state health officials and ORSANCO to monitor at points along the Ohio
River. We have been in contact with the West Virginia Bureau for Public Health, which concurs that they do not anticipate any impact to the Huntington plant on the Ohio River.